glasurit paint

excellent work

ask for dan
Old 09-14-2018, 01:28 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
In terms of restoration advise, I am all for people doing their own work. I commonly have cars come to me partially disassembled etc. Some people like to work on their cars as much as they can and also try to save labor money in the process. (like removing carpet and glue on the floor which is time consuming, although i have a special heating tool for removing it)
This can work for a customer who has the ability to transport a roller car enclosed. Typically within a few hundred mile radius from the shop as longer distances can become troublesome and finding a carrier to take it is one thing, but the liability of taking a fresh painted car with no motor that has to be "pushed" in a trailer is a concern for some on the return trip... Sometime best to leave it as a running car.

My reservation with recieving disassembled cars is the parts required for fitment during body work. Bumpers, trim, lights etc. These are important and sometimes missing. The interior, not so much.
My other reservation is also the issue of the paint becoming scratched by a customer when the interior and engine/mechanical, glass go back in the car etc...
Also, the engine is typically best installed by the builder and tested as it is too hard to trouble shoot if the car is located half way the across country... i would rather it installed and tested when ever possible, especially if it is a custom build.
I definitely agree on your points. I am charting down things I would like to modify or add in the car so that when the engine and paint is done, I have a chance to put in some initial homey touches to it.

I have some ideas I would like to try and see if I can get them, customize as much as possible while the car is disassembled.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:29 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Anyone know who can fabricate a custom exhaust for a 964? Do ceramic coating?
Old 09-14-2018, 10:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

BBI
Old 09-14-2018, 11:39 PM
myturbo36
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see you are in DFW...for paint, check out http://www.jvpcollisionnkustomz.com/cars.html (owner is Juan Porras 817-454-9374). Over the last several years, I have worked with a number of bodyshops and wont go anywhere else sine finding JVP. He recently did a full respray on my 993 (black car and it is like a mirror) and currently has my widebody 964 in for a full repaint (car was fully disassembled down to the bare shell).

For the exhaust, reach out to Brian Hodges (Mobile Man Fabrication) 817-706-8056. He has fabricated custom intakes, headers, intercoolers, etc. for me...amazing work. I have also had PRT Performance in Lewisville (Steve Kan 817-823-7892) build me an exhaust for my 964 twin turbo...they have all of the equipment to do mandrel bending in house...also have a four-wheel dyno and is a fantastic tuner.

PM me and I can provide my contact information...feel free to give me a call, or stop by and check out some of their work

Quick Reply: Recommend Bodyshop to repaint 964