964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear Reflector Rehab

Old 12-08-2018, 05:53 PM
964Andrew
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think it looks very good on the silver car. How did the edge mounting go?

Thanks!
Andrew
Old 12-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Silvertarga
User

This was installed on a Euro rear reflector which is a bit different than ROW. In addition to the Metal Louvers (my ROW was plastic louvered) the lens had a bunch of black tar at the bottom (which looked as if it came from the factory that way) and that made it tricky to remove, its why I used a dremel, on parts that didnt have enough protrusion to use the edge rubber I ran a bead of glue.
Seriously I dont think the edge trim is needed, your drilling template was spot on

I still havent tried out the Silver metal screen, will post pictures when that is done

Again I want to thank you for making this available, I have had nothing but compliments and positive comments!!
Old 12-27-2018, 04:15 PM
Badluck
Addict
Rennlist Member

This is as far as I got today.
Notice the debris that has spread all over my working area. Years from now I'll probaby still find bits of it in some of the corners.
Wear some safety glasses if you're tackling this.
​​​​​

Old 12-27-2018, 11:33 PM
964Andrew
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bravo, this is looking great !!! If you find that the mushroomed edge where the reflector was attached to the lens is to thick to slide on the gasket, you can trim the overhang. It will help the seal seat nicely on the reflector.

Thanks!
Andrew
Old 02-13-2019, 01:11 AM
964Andrew
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi, I think the last of the first batch DIY kits are now delivered. If you haven't received yours or the kit was damaged please let me know. Otherwise I have 4 "safety" DIY kits available.

$115 USD + shipping

Thanks!
Andrew

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: