Sponsored by:

Rebuilding the Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 10:10 AM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
You mean availability wise? I know they were NLA which is an issue since so many of these fail. When I purchased the new lines from the thermostat to the oil cooler in 2014 last they were only $220 each. Classic prices have gotten to the point where it makes sense to have some of these made instead of replacing new.
No no...i was making reference to the many threads that have called that line new from Porsche, problematic. Apparently a lot of guys have had an issue with the line being to soft and thin, and maybe it's not clocked properly- but it tends to kink as you bend it down in the front of the fender well to the thermostat.

That's all. I have no problem so far with oem lines. That's said, for myself, I'll be buying bulk stainless braided line and metric to an fittings and just making them myself.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:24 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Not replacing hard lines - just fitting metric to AN adapters on ends. Did remake 1 hard line the short one at the bottom of oil tank.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:13 PM
Peteinjp
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts

Great thread- and timely as well as I’m planning on going through the hoses when I drop the engine this winter.

Does anyone have a list of the AN adapter fittings required to do all the hoses? Let’s get a parts list going.

Pete
Old 08-22-2018, 10:41 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by Goughary
No no...i was making reference to the many threads that have called that line new from Porsche, problematic. Apparently a lot of guys have had an issue with the line being to soft and thin, and maybe it's not clocked properly- but it tends to kink as you bend it down in the front of the fender well to the thermostat.

That's all. I have no problem so far with oem lines. That's said, for myself, I'll be buying bulk stainless braided line and metric to an fittings and just making them myself.

I recall some low quality lines years ago just rubber hose without any reinforced tape jacketing. Thee lines take time to make sure they sit properly and every car is slightly different. The mystique of the 964 LOL

Quick Reply: Rebuilding the Hoses