Porsche 964 Technical Drawings

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 03:57 PM
OPM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche 964 Technical Drawings

Hey there,

just googled for good 964 Pics,cause i want to build the (imo) most beautiful porsche model ever for several games like ea's f1 challenge 99-02.

I wanted to ask if anybody maybe got the Techincal Data Book from Bentley Publishers (i guess there are front / side / top / back-view drawings in there),or got some kind of those blueprints from another resource.

would be very glad if you could help me out!

thanks a lot

OPM
Old 01-18-2004, 07:34 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

The Technical Data book only contains a side view line drawing, no top or front views (that I could find). The Technical Workshop/Service manuals have a lousy (i.e. not to scale) drawing in the wiring diagrams. The body repair manuals have slightly better images but not exactly what you are looking for (blueprints) There is a 3d model of a 911SC that a company called ViewPoint gave out at Siggraph in the early nineties. The model is still floating around the internet in just about every file format. It might just be easier (because you have no source material) to modify the bumper covers, rocker panels and wheels of that model to make a 964. If you happen to find any drawings please post them here as I have also been looking.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear OPM,
For the kind of detail you need I can only recommend you contact PAG or RUF. A lot of the gaming companies are licencing with RUF now.
I have not seen blueprints outside of PAG for any Porsche plus there are copyright and trademark issues.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 01-18-2004, 03:20 PM
mark lintott
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a copy of the 3d CAD file that Jason mentioned. As he says its an SC and I can't remember where I got it from - Pelican site I think. It does seem to have been in general circulation for some time so if you want a copy I'll email it to you. Send me a private mail.

Cheers

Mark Lintott

94 C4 TL Coupe Taiwan

Quick Reply: Porsche 964 Technical Drawings