Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How cold is your 964 vent temp and solutions

Old 08-17-2018, 06:26 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetdaddy
Can someone post a pic of which hoses to disconnect? Also, how often are you guys recharging? I had some work done on mine and it stopped blowing cold pretty quick.
For me it lasts about half a year and then I notice degradation. Now granted, I have it filled at the beginning of summer (April/May) and by October it's pretty weak.

It does cool down here around that time, so I live with it until next April.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:43 AM
kylejohnston1
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been emailing/posting on the Classic Retrofit facebook page every few months to check on the 964 specific air conditioning kit. So far, the responses state the kit is in development but there is no release date at this time. I believe these kits are used in Singer and Guntherwerks cars, so hopefully the 964 kit will be released soon.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:31 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 103 Posts

Sometimes it not the AC compressor or lines, Its the ac/heater system it's self, the system can be leaking hot air in the vents/ cabin, That happen when the flaps aren't adjusted correctly, or lose hoses letting in hot air. For the AC system to work at its coldest it has to be a closed system.

The hot air flaps at the rear of the car will only close with back pressure, if you have an air leak in the front of car the hot air flap's wont close. There for letting hot mix in your cold air and never really letting you have ice cold air. If you feel hot air in your cabin with your windows down and or sun roof open... you have a hot air leaking from your system.

Mine was leaking from under the dash, heater hose connected to a rectangular plastic piece with foam seal wasn't pushed in all the way in to make a perfect seal. Once it sealed . I have ice cold air. I did adjusted all the flappers and some flapper control units and replace the CCU by ECU doctors because of intermediate power.

I do most of the work on my 964 Turbo, But the one thing that I took my car to the Porsche dealer was to have the AC R12 evacuated and replaced with 134a. I replace my own seals and dryer and had ECU Doctors rebuild my CCU. and made sure that my AC/ heater system was sealed from hot air leaks.

My advise...... take it to the dealer, ( if you want ice cold air that lasts )The dealer has the right pressure specs high and low numbers and the will vacuum- evacuate system for a longer time . and that's important.

It was funny, My daughter asked me to turn down the AC the other day while we were having a heat wave 110 deg day 90 plus humility .. She said its too cold.. Never thought I would be of hearing those words while sitting in a air cooled black on black 911. It's been 2 years of great working AC sense.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:31 AM
DeanL
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in Arizona near Phoenix. It is really, really hot here now. My 92 C2 has been converted to 134A. I checked the center vent outflow temperature last week when the OAT was at 104F. Thermometer read 50F at max setting, fan speed at 4 and rpm at 2000 after a twenty minute drive. That number is really good for any vehicle in Phoenix in July--I'll take it...
Old 07-23-2019, 10:25 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

EDIT-- (It's obvious.. lol)

Last edited by tonymission; 07-23-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:02 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

EDIT - I need to just slow down, take a closer look and use some logic before asking stupid questions. I appreciate you guys not jumping down my throat

Last edited by tonymission; 07-25-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:52 AM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i went to dc this hose and I couldn’t find it from looking under the car or in the engine bay. Do i need to jack up the car to access and remove? How long does it take to remove and reinstall? I’m guessing not long if you do it twice a year?
Old 08-02-2019, 10:02 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streetdaddy
So i went to dc this hose and I couldn’t find it from looking under the car or in the engine bay. Do i need to jack up the car to access and remove? How long does it take to remove and reinstall? I’m guessing not long if you do it twice a year?
Took me maybe 2-3 minutes each side, but I have a storage lift that allows easy access to the center of the car. I think you'd have to jack the car up either way because the inlet to the cabin duct is higher up under the car.
Find the heat exchangers, follow them towards the front of the car and you'll see flex-hoses at the outputs, roughly in the same area as the front side of your rear wheels.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tony!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How cold is your 964 vent temp and solutions