Sponsored by:

Oil Cooler Question and part search

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 08:16 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Oil Cooler Question and part search

Adding a second oil cooler and I am trying to figure out is it makes any difference which side of the oil cooler the oil comes in on. I am adding a stock oil cooler to the driver side fender area and running new oil lines across the front to connect to the 2nd oil cooler. Does it make any difference which fitting the "IN" oil line is connected to and the same with the return oil line. Anyone know the answer?/
Also looking for the bolt clips that attach to the oil cooler and hold the fan in place/ Part # 99959191102. It is a short bolt attached to a clip that slides onto a slot on each corner of the oil cooler allowing the corners of the fan to be fastened to the oil cooler. My search shows that this part is not in any dealers inventory in the USA, and has to come from Germany. I am sure parts yards have these laying around in a discard bin - anyone have any ideas or an alternate part that would work. Thanks
Old 08-11-2018, 03:53 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

No,
i does not make any difference. In case, you have not bought all the parts and you have to fabricate some parts by your own:

i use the clima console an fitted a universal alloy oil cooler from an independent cooler shop to this console.. Nearly as big as the porsche part is, fraction in price, much more robust...
with some nice brakets, PU dampers and carbon- air shields my secondary oil cooler solution is much more elegant than the oem oil cooler on the other side is...

one thing: two month, after i fitted the secondary oil cooler, the OEM one was leaking... perhaps you should change the oem one in one process...

One last thing: the dash aeroquip connectors do need much more torque to be thight then i thought they would need.... do a little bit of research and thight them properly before you install it...

regards

Quick Reply: Oil Cooler Question and part search