Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What company has best stated value insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 06:55 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 114 Posts
Default What company has best stated value insurance?

Any ideas on who may be best? I know there are previous threads but I'd like to get the most current info.
Anyone have experience with Chubb?
Others?
My State Farm agent said keep receipts and they would work with me if something happened to my soon to be completed build, to which I said no thanks.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:10 PM
gregmitch
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Even though they wouldn't insure me because it's the only car in the household and would be in a public garage, Leland West was very nice on the phone and their policy was pretty competitive to other agreed value insurers I researched. They even offer unlimited mileage. Hagerty was another one I talked to but their prices were a little higher.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:50 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 380 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by gregmitch
Even though they wouldn't insure me because it's the only car in the household and would be in a public garage, Leland West was very nice on the phone and their policy was pretty competitive to other agreed value insurers I researched. They even offer unlimited mileage. Hagerty was another one I talked to but their prices were a little higher.
Do you have your car yet? When are you bringing it up??

Mine is insured agreed value through American Collectors Insurance. I've been happy with them, but they do require that you have a "regular" car on another policy.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:57 PM
gregmitch
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by spartansix
Do you have your car yet? When are you bringing it up??

Mine is insured agreed value through American Collectors Insurance. I've been happy with them, but they do require that you have a "regular" car on another policy.
Picking it up Saturday! Can't wait. Definitely want bring it up there, gotta put the G Pipe on

I checked out American Collectors through USAA too. They wouldn't insure in a public garage either. Impossible to have a private garage in Manhattan.

It seems like any agreed value policies require a "regular" car the more and more I look into it.....I'm on Geico for the time being.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:58 AM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Chubb stated value thumbs up
Old 07-27-2018, 01:29 AM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 119 Posts

I have a Stated Value Classic policy through State Farm, I would question that. I have a Manx Dunebuggy and have one on that too!
Old 07-27-2018, 06:01 AM
newsboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have Grundy Worldwide, pay $400.00 for 40K of insurance.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:31 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

I have stated value with State Farm, but their "Special Vehicle" department will more than likely question what you think it's worth, so you'll need/want a third party to do a custom vehicle appraisal.

Only after the appraisal did State Farm totally confirm the agreed value policy. Actually, the appraisal came in a couple thousand dollar higher, so I had to increase my original agreed value. Made for a nice laugh at the local S.F. agent's building, after originally getting lots of blank stares when they thought I was crazy for insuring it for so much. Makes sense, they have no idea what's going-on in the 964 market. The third party evaluation also sets a good baseline for the condition and value of the car going forward. (Appraisal cost me $375)

I definitely think it's worth getting an appraisal on any nice/custom 964, then insure accordingly.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:37 AM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
I have stated value with State Farm, but their "Special Vehicle" department will more than likely question what you think it's worth, so you'll need/want a third party to do a custom vehicle appraisal.

Only after the appraisal did State Farm totally confirm the agreed value policy. Actually, the appraisal came in a couple thousand dollar higher, so I had to increase my original agreed value. Made for a nice laugh at the local S.F. agent's building, after originally getting lots of blank stares when they thought I was crazy for insuring it for so much. Makes sense, they have no idea what's going-on in the 964 market. The third party evaluation also sets a good baseline for the condition and value of the car going forward. (Appraisal cost me $375)

I definitely think it's worth getting an appraisal on any nice/custom 964, then insure accordingly.
Thanks for the info ... the local office definitely was clueless to what SF might offer. This will help!
Old 07-27-2018, 12:03 PM
jon91581
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I’m with American Collectors. Haven’t had to file a claim yet (knock on wood), but their policy seemed he most flexible for how much/when/etc I want to drive the car.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Logicalct
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leland West is the only company that would give me an acceptable agreed value policy for all of my classics, without unreasonable restrictions to use. I moved all of my cars from Hagerty when they refused to cover my 964.

Last edited by Logicalct; 07-27-2018 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Mispelling
Old 07-27-2018, 06:21 PM
nesposito
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

American Family has a stated value, classic car policy. it requires that you have a DD insured with them as well. I pay about $400/year for a 993 with a stated value of $45K
Old 07-30-2018, 04:55 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by eddieb4
Anyone have experience with Chubb?
I had Agreed Value coverage with Chubb, no issues and no restrictions on driving the 964. All I had to do was to justify the value I wanted to insure the 964 for, either through an appraisal or from a letter from the dealer. So I called a friend at my local Porsche dealership who knew my car and told him what I needed, easy peasy. Chubb rates were too high when I moved to TX and I switched to PURE, no issues/restrictions either.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:13 PM
kylejohnston1
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an agreed value policy with American Modern provided through the National Corvette Museum, of all places. They insure all makes/models. I have been very happy with their prices and service although I have not had to file a claim (knock on wood).

www.ncminsurance.com
Old 07-31-2018, 11:45 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I love Chubb. Super easy. All my cars have an agreed value assigned to them, even my daughter's Jetta.

Quick Reply: What company has best stated value insurance?