Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

she stalled on the side of the road

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 06:53 AM
newsboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

So, you have a lot to check, DME Relay, Speed sensor, coils? DME is easy, just swap. Speed sensor can be checked with a multimeter (do a thread search), coils, not so easy, since eve ones that test positive, can have internal faults. You could also go to a shop that has diagnostic equipment.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:13 AM
Peteinjp
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 137 Posts

I wouldn’t trust this to just any shop- find one familiar with the 964 era motronic system. You might start a new thread asking about reputable shops in your area. Also search for and download the factory manual if your interested in trouble shooting yourself.

Pete
Old 07-09-2018, 04:45 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

well, i have driven for about 30 minutes and she seems ok...for what it's worth, one new fuel filter and we are on the road again...i could blow through it but i would say it was at least 50% clogged...really no way to put a # on it though...thanks again for all the input/help proffered...cheers, kevin
i'm goin' for a ride...
Old 07-10-2018, 11:37 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts
Default ok, i am still not confident in her...

Originally Posted by Peteinjp
My leaked before it clogged- it was probably original with 60,000 miles on it.

Pete
do you remember or do you know, when the old one clogged, could you still blow air through it?blowing through the new one is easy, i know it is dry and will be easier than once filled and the element swells some when wet, but my old filter is very hard to blow through compared to the new one, i think i have heard the fuel system/pump is pressurized at 1.5 bar... is that right? and if so i would think the filter should stay relatively free flowing as that doesn't seem like very much pressure, but i am also relatively in the dark when it comes to what makes her tick...any input will be greatly appreciated, cheers, kevin
Old 07-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Regarding checking the coils, its all but a useless procedure (especially if they are the Silver Bosch) Mine gave proper resistance readings when cold...or warm...they failed when hot and worked when things cooled down

Quick Reply: she stalled on the side of the road