Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

what are the prices for ITB SET?
Old 11-12-2018, 04:14 AM
Mikke_Possu
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Talat
Finally back in - quick spin in the car yesterday, weather was pretty bad and the fuel light came on straight away but certainly wasn't lacking in low end shove and a nice howl towards the top end

Lovely. Is it FVD one?
Old 11-12-2018, 08:16 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Talat
Finally back in - quick spin in the car yesterday, weather was pretty bad and the fuel light came on straight away but certainly wasn't lacking in low end shove and a nice howl towards the top end

996 GT3 cup intake plenum? I am using the same one for my build but no ITB's. Looks nice throttle response must be incredible.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikke_Possu
Lovely. Is it FVD one?
Thanks, no this a Rothsport one. I did look at the FVD but they were telling me that it works better with a 3.8 (and it was more expensive).

Originally Posted by cobalt
996 GT3 cup intake plenum? I am using the same one for my build but no ITB's. Looks nice throttle response must be incredible.
Standard 996 GT3 intake plenum and yes, nice throttle response

Originally Posted by Sire
what are the prices for ITB SET?
The Rasant one states $5600 on their website, the Rothsport one is a little bit more expensive (around $400 from memory). I bought mine a while back when Rasant stuff wasn't known to me. I think I still would have gone Rothsport since it appears their kit has evolved over the years if you look at old posts on Pelican etc. The guys who fitted my kit have recommended it to another customer off the back of the results that were achieved with my motor. That said, all in all it's a very expensive exercise - I wanted my car to sound and drive a certain way so, to me, it's worth it..... just.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:44 PM
wallra
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

How is the aem system working out? I'm also switching from electromotive to aem. I'm using bosch vw coils so no ignitors. I got the kit from Rasant, I was also looking at their intake but maybe I'll go with Rothsport.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:47 AM
Talat
Racer

Originally Posted by wallra
How is the aem system working out? I'm also switching from electromotive to aem. I'm using bosch vw coils so no ignitors. I got the kit from Rasant, I was also looking at their intake but maybe I'll go with Rothsport.
I'm using Bosch VW/Audi coils too. We replaced the AEM with Motec - the AEM support just isn't out there in the UK at the moment. I know of another 964 that went the other way (Motec to AEM) but I believe he's using stuff like drive-by-wire, TC etc. Finding someone to map it was a major issue - my go to guy didn't want to touch it
Old 11-13-2018, 10:23 AM
wallra
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

I also looked into motec but was told no knock sensors. I thought I could look to you for advice, to bad I'm on my own. I did all the tuning on electromotive my self after I had help on the setup took me all summer,at least now it drives nice. over here their seems to be more guy's tuning AEM. no one for electromotive. How's yours run? I put 5000 miles on it
Old 11-14-2018, 08:51 AM
Talat
Racer

I also looked into motec but was told no knock sensors. I thought I could look to you for advice, to bad I'm on my own. I did all the tuning on electromotive my self after I had help on the setup took me all summer,at least now it drives nice. over here their seems to be more guy's tuning AEM. no one for electromotive. How's yours run? I put 5000 miles on it
I hear ya, I bought the AEM as it was the cheapest solution with knock sensors but with dyno & mapping time racking up, decided to cut my losses and go with something tried and tested. Still have the AEM with mil-spec loom, may sell it or may keep it for another project. It was going CoP that really escalated the costs - my aftermarket headers run very close to the plugs and so we melted one of the connectors during the dyno mapping - ended up having a heat shield made as well as having the headers coated. With the benefit of hindsight, I wouldn't go that route again.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:02 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello Talat,
340 BHP and 282 ft lb torque is a very good result from a standard engine! Is it your final result, with the Motec, Rothsport inlet system and special headers ?
Are you headers and exhaust box made in UK ? could you tell us more about your exhaust .
Cheers
Old 11-15-2018, 05:19 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Talet, what size ITBs are you using? Are they tapered or are the manifold spacers between the head and ITB tapered?
Old 11-16-2018, 01:00 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Can you run this intake with OBD2 Motronic?
Old 11-17-2018, 08:32 AM
Talat
Racer

Originally Posted by kos11-12
Hello Talat,
340 BHP and 282 ft lb torque is a very good result from a standard engine! Is it your final result, with the Motec, Rothsport inlet system and special headers ?
Are you headers and exhaust box made in UK ? could you tell us more about your exhaust .
Cheers
Thanks. Yes engine untouched so just Motec, Intake, CoP and headers/exhaust. The full system is by Tusche (I think). It was too loud for street use and so I had a custom exhaust fabricated whilst retaining the headers. Seat of the pants felt like the new system sapped power but it did allow me to start listening to the radio again I'm going to have some straight pipes made up and next year I'm going to try and get some dyno runs with the existing system, the old back box and the straight pipes. Here's a pic of the original system:

Originally Posted by robt964
Hi Talet, what size ITBs are you using? Are they tapered or are the manifold spacers between the head and ITB tapered?
48mm and I believe the manifold spacers are tapered.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:32 AM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Talat,

Thanks, nice exhaust system, you have no heat ?
You think the loudness could be due to the way the boxes are packed, maybe some is missing, I experience that some time ago, some packing material makes the exhaust quieter but of course without interfering or restricting flow.
are your down pipes 41.5 mm OD ?
you make me think, I may call Jenvey.
Old 06-14-2021, 01:51 PM
Kevin Ferah
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid 6000 for everything complete kit plug and play and I've tune it my self but I just street drive not out for every thing I could get out of the engine. I mainly wanted to get rid of the distributor, ignition wires, air flow meter.
Could you help me as I am looking for the same sort of system you have gone with. In fact, my goal was to do exactly what you just mentioned. Can you send me the part numbers or more info on what needs to be purchased?
Old 06-19-2021, 12:31 PM
Penguinracer
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Also have a look at the EMTRON KV12.

https://emtron.world

Think of it as the 21st century Motec - but without the costly licensing model - all features enabled- and like Motec, also an Aussie product:
I'm using their KV8 for my rebuilt 952 (Darton MID Sleeves / dry-sumped / Mahle 8:1 pistons / Carrillo rods / 2.7 litre / Garrett GTX3576 Gen 2 / Milledge cam / SFR N/A cylinder head / SFR intake manifold & headers etc).

Tim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ECU & Tuning Options