Proud new owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 05:25 PM
WynneN
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new owner

Hi all...

Just yesterday I beacme the new custodian of a very well preserved 1990 Cab (white w/linen) with 47k. It’s relatively well sorted but has its shares of the quirks any almost 30 year old car has!

i don’t seem to have any coutesy lights. I obviously see the light in the middle of the windshield frame, that doesn’t seem operational so the first thing I’ll do is change the bulb. I kind of recall hearing though that they should be chimes when the doors are open as well and I’m not hearing those. Any tips would be appreciated!

Good to be back in the Porsche owners fold after a five-year absence!
Old 06-30-2018, 05:39 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Congrats on the new Cab! Remember it didn’t really happen until you post up some pics.

Personally I wouldn’t bother fixing the chime, it’s annoying as hell. I’m asure someone will chime in with repair if you insist.

Enjoy in good health.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:10 PM
A914MAN
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The interior light on the windshield frame is also a switch. Tip it one way to turn it on, in the center position it should turn on when you open the doors, and tip it the other way it won't turn on with the doors
Old 06-30-2018, 11:44 PM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by A914MAN
The interior light on the windshield frame is also a switch. Tip it one way to turn it on, in the center position it should turn on when you open the doors, and tip it the other way it won't turn on with the doors
One of the first things I fixed on mine
Old 07-01-2018, 08:07 AM
WynneN
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! Quick follow-up question… I’ve determined the door switches are OK so I’m going to change the bulb next. From what I can gather on similar models the whole housing gets pryed out. I’ve seen it done on the coupe but I want to make sure it is the same here because I know this set up is different in the cabs and targas
Old 07-01-2018, 08:31 AM
ffc
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WynneN
Thank you! Quick follow-up question… I’ve determined the door switches are OK so I’m going to change the bulb next. From what I can gather on similar models the whole housing gets pryed out. I’ve seen it done on the coupe but I want to make sure it is the same here because I know this set up is different in the cabs and targas
On my Targa it falls out of its own accord, something on my fix list. There are no screws I can see to hold it in.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:59 AM
Deserion
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by WynneN
Correct, it can be pried out with a plastic trim tool. I will replace mine since the contact points aren’t as solid as new due to the plastic melting and getting it out of whack.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:05 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

i don;t see any pics, and, you know.....sounds nice though...

Quick Reply: Proud new owner