Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting Build & for Sale

Old 04-10-2018, 01:35 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Interesting Build & for Sale

Interesting build out and I have no affiliation to the vehicle. Just ran across it this morning looking for some thing to buy.

https://petrolicious.com/marketplace...era-4-restomod

Surprised the engine bay is not cleaner for the photo shoot.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:49 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice car, but all that work and couldn't even replace the tail lights?
Old 04-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

It’s definitely an interesting build with great mods but I also wonder they didn’t change the lights. I also noted the seals looks very tired and should have been replaced during respray. The paint is also dull, even after doctoring the pictures to make everything look glossy. Why not have it polished to accentuate the fresher paint?
Old 04-10-2018, 04:18 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
It’s definitely an interesting build with great mods but I also wonder they didn’t change the lights. I also noted the seals looks very tired and should have been replaced during respray. The paint is also dull, even after doctoring the pictures to make everything look glossy. Why not have it polished to accentuate the fresher paint?
I remember Pawel posting pictures of the repaint and it did not look like a quality job, no offense to him but kind of putting lipstick on a pig type job. I tried digging up his pics but somehow I cannot find any of his posts, not sure what happened to his account.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:26 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really strange. A single wipe on the plastic under the engine deck lid would have improved the presentation... and what's up with the wheels showing chips/peeling finish? Looks like someone just lost interest at the last?
Old 04-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Original steering wheel can be purchased from seller for extra( wtf?)
Old 04-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

This belongs to the guy from Car Bone liveries or whatever. They sell stickers, badges, and other little styling tweaks for Porsches. I think he got banned on here for promoting his business without being a sponsor.

Not trying to bash, but relative to the price being asked, that car looks like trash. I know it's his car and he is free to mod as he sees fit, and he probably thinks the car looks bananas in its current state of modification, but I don't think selling a car for top dollar with all that cosmetic personalization works unless you're Magnus Walker.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:17 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetdaddy
Original steering wheel can be purchased from seller for extra( wtf?)
This is what I was referring in the other post re Steering Wheels. One mans OE trash is another mans treasure. Until the after market comes out with a 380mm wheel the OE wheel is the best suited to DD cars
Old 04-11-2018, 04:18 AM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Oh my got that paint is awesome, never seen that colour before! They could have gave the engine compartment a bit of a clean before the photos though
Old 04-11-2018, 09:58 AM
jimonycricket
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 36 Posts

That has to be one of the worst paint jobs I've seen on a 964 in a long time. Nothing seems to flow with the car, you have beat up looking newer wheels with a retro interior, with RS type seat belts. I hope he gets his asking price

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting Build & for Sale