Sponsored by:

Getting used to the new color: Cobalt

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 09:25 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Congrats!!!!!

I am glad I was able to help either through conversations or posts. I was so bummed when you first posted and after we spoke I felt your pain. I couldn't be happier to hear you found another so quickly and such a unique ride in excellent condition to boot. You have been a serious contributor and we all look forward to your posts here. I was worried you would not find another that lived up to your previous 964.

You know my opinion about the color. Their all good and slate gray is exceptional but cobalt is truly unique and an attention grabber on another level. It just doesn't show as well in pictures as it does in person. Drive it in good health and just stay towards the back of the pack on the next fun runs.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:37 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Jetta - Glad to see you found another car. Looks great!
Old 04-11-2018, 10:56 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Again, thanks everyone! You guys have been my counselors during this ordeal, the highs and the lows.
I love these cars so much, and everything that comes with it. The forum's support just takes the experience to the next level.

Also good to know you're not tired of my pictures!

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
Finally we will get some really great photos of the best color on a 964!

I get comments every time I drive mine, here in LA too, where aloof ignoring of your car (while eyeballing it sideways) is an art form. Even other 964 owners ask me if it is a factory color, in person the car pops, and so rare; you bought a beauty....and sport seats....having searched cobalt, next search might be "keeping linen seats clean".
Thought about your right away too. Just love your interior!
Yes, I'll be spending more time cleaning the interior on this one...

A couple weeks back I got a ride in a couple of "Jbarnes RS" 964s. One was a Mint Green C2, then followed by a spirited drive in a White RS. Both got insane attention on the road.
My brother was following us in a Subaru, and joked about how a guy in a white Ferrari 488 nearly broke his next looking back as we passed in the Mint car.

Originally Posted by boostedt0y
I spoke to Rudy about this car as well when I was on the hunt myself. Beautiful example.
You're the third person that told me that they also looked at the car. So glad everyone hesitated.

Originally Posted by Vandit
This is a really good rebound. You outdid yourself. The front is not too low. It's hardly low at all. It looks like it has too much tire, not enough caster, and probably an unnecessary wheel spacer (assuming there is no rub on the inside without the spacer). Figure out the width and offset on those front wheels.
I was wrong. No front spacers. 5 MM rear spacers.
Fat tires for sure, 235/275
Yeah, you're right it's not too low. Just need to get the tires and alignment sorted.

Originally Posted by cobalt
Congrats!!!!! I am glad I was able to help either through conversations or posts...
I really enjoyed our calls. Thanks for being there for me. You're an amazing resource on this forum, we're lucky.

It's going to be a challenge to accurately portray this color, but I'm up to the challenge.
Love the pink and purple tones, but my favorite is in lower light when it looks darker blue (almost like Maritime Blue).

A local Maritime Blue RS for comparison:
Old 04-11-2018, 10:58 AM
velocitylover
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Congratulations 911Jetta!!
It looks like you picked up a spectacular car to go hand in hand with your personality and love of the 964 model
Cheers !!
Old 04-11-2018, 11:04 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta

I really enjoyed our calls. Thanks for being there for me. You're an amazing resource on this forum, we're lucky.

It's going to be a challenge to accurately portray this color, but I'm up to the challenge.
Love the pink and purple tones, but my favorite is in lower light when it looks darker blue (almost like Maritime Blue).

A local Maritime Blue RS for comparison:
Maritime is another great color. The RS is a beauty. I am happy I painted my track car this color. It is almost like a non metallic cobalt in some light.

I enjoyed hearing the excitement in your voice when it all came together. Things happen for reasons and no doubt you ended up in a better place than anyone thought initially.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:09 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Outstanding. Green* with envy. So happy that you are back in a 964. I am so happy to be "back" in my 964 (was out of commission for a while), and took it back on the track for the first time in 9 years. Fell in love again, and I'm ready to dump the 996.
(* I don't like Green)
Old 04-11-2018, 07:32 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

congrats!
yes, i always buy the seller. i have never done a ppi on any cars i bought and never gone wrong
bought and sold with rudi in past.
fair man with great cars.

very glad to see u back in 964
Old 04-12-2018, 01:37 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Screw you and your happiness.

How dare you take a crummy situation, maintain a great attitude and then turn it into something even better.

Congratulations, your new car is beautiful. May it stay with you for many happy years until YOU are ready to let it go......(at a profit)
Old 04-12-2018, 01:52 PM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

When life give you lemons..........

Order the lobster.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:44 PM
GoKart
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats! Awesome color. I nearly bought a Cobalt 964 myself many years ago. Well done! Glad you got another one.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:03 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

BTW, did you already remove the rear deck lid insignia, per your slate grey car? How are you liking the sport seats? I am looking for a cobalt pair, shouldn't take more than a century or so.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:46 PM
waizone
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Gorgeous car. Are you sure it’s Cobalt? Looks like Maritime in the photos. Congrats on the new 964.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:52 PM
waizone
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

^^ never mind. See the metallic and got confused when I saw the pics of the RS in Maritime. Cobalt looks stunning.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:48 AM
JJJMCD
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Congratulations on what looks like a lovely example. Here is the C4 cab version of your car: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911-carrera-4/
Old 04-13-2018, 01:45 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

i am happy to add my congrats to the pile udo... thanks for your recent commentary/assistance as i am getting used to my new to me c4 after having c2's... little did i know you were moving the other direction

do you need to put a hundred fifty pounds ballast in the frunk to feel at home with the c2??

cobalt is lovely... real wow factor there

enjoy!

Quick Reply: Getting used to the new color: Cobalt