964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Getting used to the new color: Cobalt

Old 03-29-2019, 03:29 PM
dukmon
Addict
Rennlist Member

LAcarguy is on the board, making some good points.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:11 PM
LPMM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Udo - I was thinking of you when I saw these. Who wants a black interior anyways, boring!.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-recaro-is-ls/

Old 04-18-2019, 08:18 AM
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911Jetta View Post
Thanks Chip!
Really liking this seat option.

Had Recaro PP on the brain prior to everyone's feedback. Love the fixed bucket idea, but this car isn't about absolute lightweight and the loss of functionality was weighing on me. I definitely have people or put my road bike in the back often enough to want to keep the folding option. This seat offers enhanced leg bolsters, that's a big plus also and one thing the sports seats are still lacking. Definitely look good in a 964 also.
They are one of the most comfortable seats I have ever owned.

Bob has a bunch of options. I was at Stable the other day and he has black with blue cloth inserts in the second version that would look nice as well.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:37 PM
andy928
User

LPMM they look a lot like lancia integrale recaro seat in a mates car from memory......
Old 04-23-2019, 05:39 PM
911Jetta
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LAcarguy View Post
Udo, I may be biased but I tried the black/blue combo with RSA seats and hated the look. You already have steering wheel and dash in blue, it would look wrong to have black mixed in. With Laurent's door cards, console and your existing cobalt stuff you are only carpets and rear parcel shelf/panels away from a full conversion. You can add foam and recover the bolsters in cobalt for regular seats, not perfect but it can be done and works pretty well. Store your originals.

BTW what color is your headliner? Worth considering.
Wise words, but I think our blue interiors are different. Dash and blue trim is dark blue, not cobalt, so I think black carpet and seats would work... the blue and black combo on the dash look good, so it leads me to believe black for the rest of the interior would work also. I need to better educate myself on the Porsche color names of my interior.

Blue headliner, same color as dash and top of the door cards.

After having recently visited the Porsche Museums, in both Stuttgart and Gmund, I'm going to hold off modding the interior for as long as I can. I love modded cars, especially Rgruppe cars, but something in the back of my head keeps telling me to keep it stock and appreciate what it is and what I have.

When I get back to the States in July, I'm going to pick up my dad's C2 Cab and take it back to my Haus and give it a complete overhaul. It will finally get much needed new suspension and cup 1 rims, plus a through look over by my local experts. He wants a new carpet set so I'll experiment with his car. I'll focus on his car first and just enjoy driving mine around for awhile until fall. If I can't live with it, then I'll redo the interior.

Originally Posted by LPMM View Post
Udo - I was thinking of you when I saw these. Who wants a black interior anyways, boring!.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-recaro-is-ls/

Very cool! $6,000. Loved reading the BAT comments.

Starving for anything Porsche during our family vacation last week, I looked at the route from Salzburg to Venice and then it hit me. GmŘnd! Where it all started, and where a nice Rubystone 964RS sits.

It turned out to be a wonderful family pitsop on the long drive south. While buying souvenirs, the owner Helmut Pfeifhofer walked in! Apparently when he went to the factory to pick up the RS, buyers could pick there own color, shocked at the color he declined his allocation. He ended up buying the car 10 years later. You should have seen the sparkle in his eye when he said he bought for half the original price.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Getting used to the new color: Cobalt

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: