Sponsored by:

WWRLD/What would Rennlisters do; to sell or not to sell

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 09:14 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by LPMM
It does not matter where you live, it a plague nowadays. I was just out and waiting to turn left and cross traffic where a lady in her Suburban was at a dead stop in the middle lane with a green light so she could be on her phone, a car came up behind her at the 45mph speed limit and narrowly missed her by changing lanes at the last second. Last week, some hipster was in the lane next to me FaceTiming while driving. You can't fix stupid! Drive the 964, just be extra vigilant.
it's absolutely ridiculous out there these days. people view driving the same as they do watching tv now - i can pay attention when i want or i can do whatever else i want at the same time. it's pretty ****ing pathetic. i see stupid **** by people every single day.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I just sold a VW DD I liked very, very much. Why?

Every time I got into it to drive (mainly) home, I would regret not being in a Porsche (964 or Cayman R). Then I thought, I don't enjoy the drive... and I'm in a car I like, but don't really enjoy.

Why am I doing this when I don't have to?
The answer was simple: cost.

So I looked at the budget and it could accommodate the 964 and Cayman for DD duties at the same cost base... without depreciation.

My point is that you have to look at it in its entirety. Put some sort of transport cost per mile/km on your scenarios.

Get visibility on the numbers, then make the decision by adding the emotion... this is what it costs me... is it worth it emotionally.

I came to the conclusion that I can enjoy the car... even if the drive is not enjoyable... rather than not enjoying the car AND not enjoying the drive.

987s are great value at the moment for DD duty. Sell the old 964 and get into a 987 for DD if you don't want to keep her... you get to keep a clean 964 as well. First world solutions.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:04 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Navaros911
My point is that you have to look at it in its entirety. Put some sort of transport cost per mile/km on your scenarios.
Get visibility on the numbers, then make the decision by adding the emotion... this is what it costs me... is it worth it emotionally.
I came to the conclusion that I can enjoy the car... even if the drive is not enjoyable... rather than not enjoying the car AND not enjoying the drive.
Well said

Quick Reply: WWRLD/What would Rennlisters do; to sell or not to sell