Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 03:59 PM
Mike K
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering camshaft seal

'Listers,
For those that have done it;
Replacing power steering camshaft seal with the motor in the car. this is my second time doing this as i apparently nicked/folded/tore the seal lip the first time. before going back in i ordered a new o ring and seal. O ring looked ok but since i'm back in i'm replacing. Seal was torn and for now i'm assuming it happened upon installation.
I've searched and i can't find a definitive how to. I've separated the pump from the housing so i'm not trying to balance the two while trying to square everything. it just seems impossible to get the cam thru the seal w/o catching part of the seal. i've tried lining everything up and using the three bolts to incrementally pull the housing console thru the seal but it still catches and/or pushes the seal out of its bore. I saw where one lister asked if it's possible to install the seal after mounting the console but there was never a definitive answer. Any help greatly appreciated!
Old 03-27-2018, 01:56 PM
deadendd9009
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had to redo mine as well...such a pain! I went slowly on the second time, and it seems to be holding up. I could never get the o-ring in properly. Ever!

Quick Reply: Power steering camshaft seal