Sponsored by:

C4 brake pad upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 07:25 PM
mbintx
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default C4 brake pad upgrades?

The brake pads on my C4 have a bit of meat left on them, but based on other records from PO, I'm guessing they've been on the car for quite a few years. So I think it's a good time to replace them, and upgrade while I'm at it. What are the current "go to" brake pads that are appropriate for street and spirited backroads driving? Let's assume no aggressive track driving, though the C4 might see a few sessions in an instructor group at 8/10s. Hoping to find a low-dust, low-squeal option that is better than OEM.

Rotors are fine, fluid is Motul.

TIA!
Old 03-15-2018, 07:32 PM
mbintx
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can someone tell me how to delete this duplicate post??
Old 03-15-2018, 08:54 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by mbintx
The brake pads on my C4 have a bit of meat left on them, but based on other records from PO, I'm guessing they've been on the car for quite a few years. So I think it's a good time to replace them, and upgrade while I'm at it. What are the current "go to" brake pads that are appropriate for street and spirited backroads driving? Let's assume no aggressive track driving, though the C4 might see a few sessions in an instructor group at 8/10s. Hoping to find a low-dust, low-squeal option that is better than OEM.

Rotors are fine, fluid is Motul.

TIA!
My go to pad for those uses is the PFC08

Quick Reply: C4 brake pad upgrades?