Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is the reason I won't let anyone work on my car..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 09:31 AM
butzigear
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dingo
I know! I agree, I really don't know if there are any shops like that here... Everyone seems to be just driven by money, there's no passion here. All the service is rushed. And I totally agree on what you say about it being a privilege to work on my car, or anyone else's.

Whenever I have an apprentice or co worker at work who complains about work I tell them the same thing every time. To **** off, because there is always some poor bugger that would do anything to work and be able to make money. I think it would be the same here, if they don' wanto be doing the work or a good job, there would be a million guys who would love to be in their position
I've read a few of your bits on here, I'd happily let you work on my car.

Thanks for the comments, and yes i think everything happens for a reason and that reason is to make me do all the work myself. I'm loving every minute of it!
Exactly. You get it! Thanks for the kind words as well. It sounds like you are loving working on your car, so keep it up and enjoy! We are here to share in your journey too so keep us updated.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:33 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Are these the muppets you speak of?

Andreas

Last edited by AOW162435; 05-19-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:54 AM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

It's rare that you find someone who cares as much as you do or has the passion for the hobby to ONLY do things the right way. I also find that even talking to other enthusiasts - some of them have different levels of expectations and accept some pretty shoddy work; then turn around and recommend "their" shop to others. I do almost all of my own work - minus paint, tire mounting and alignments...and for those, I have sources that I like.

Keep doing it yourself, it's very gratifying!
Old 05-19-2018, 10:18 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Are these the muppets you speak of?

Andreas
Hahaha! Yes that's them!
Old 05-19-2018, 10:22 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff33702
It's rare that you find someone who cares as much as you do or has the passion for the hobby to ONLY do things the right way. I also find that even talking to other enthusiasts - some of them have different levels of expectations and accept some pretty shoddy work; then turn around and recommend "their" shop to others. I do almost all of my own work - minus paint, tire mounting and alignments...and for those, I have sources that I like.

Keep doing it yourself, it's very gratifying!
Hi Jeff, yes I have learnt this the hard way! I'l be having a go at everything myself from now on! If I can't do it I'll keep trying until I can!

Quick Reply: This is the reason I won't let anyone work on my car..