Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUYER BEWARE- BLACK 1990 C2 COUPE

Old 06-17-2019, 04:44 PM
Lorenzoh
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
Irrespective of whether this is the car Lorenzoh is discussing or not. What do we know about the car currently for sale?

The dyno sheet is a joke nobody in their right mind could think that this engine puts out 900+ ft pounds of torque. If the engine building shop did the dyno pull it concerns me.
Also questionable why the seller would even publish it. Red Flag.

The paint appears to be very clean in some shots and not in others.
There are signs of tape lines around the engine compartment and door jamb so at a min we can assume the left rear quarter has been painted.
Rear bumper has been painted to accommodate the twin exhaust.
Owner states clear film on hood but it would need to have been there since day one to have so few rock chips. Most likely paintwork there as well. (needs further investigation)
The left side exhaust tip cutout is exactly that - a cut out of the OEM bumper and a very bad one at that. You can't see it in the photos. The right side factory bumper cutout has a very small lip around the edge, the left side does not have that and you can tell someone did a poor job of just cutting the bumper to accommodate the exhaust tip (and used touch up paint).

The drivers footwell carpeting is missing
The seats appear to have been recovered at some point the piping seems far too wavy for it to be factory but would need to be looked into.
Much of the interior has been replaced, and with what I could tell, non OEM seat covers or carpet as they have a very yellowish hue to them unlike the factory cashmere. The fit an finish of the drivers seat cushion around the inboard side is very loose as is the piping you mentioned. The center console trim at the foremost edge above the buttons was not wrapped properly and the edges are sticking out. The drivers footwell area fit an finish around the truck release handle is missing carpeting and the fit is poor. The door sill plate is wavy and fitment is poor.

The air pump is missing its tabs and accessories
Missing the tool kit.
Presence of oil weeping by power steering pump (could be pump, engine or both) Doesn't look excessive.
Cup wheels are aftermarket
There is something going on with the wiring harness by the ABS unit.
Wheels are described in the listing as RSA wheels, clearly they are not. The electrical tape using in the ABS wiring harness is concerning as we all know how expensive those components are these days or NLA $$$$$$.

Can anyone else see anything they can point out?
After driving the car I can tell you the clutch pedal took an enormous amount of effort to engage. Definitely not an easy car to maneuver at low speeds at least IMO.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:19 PM
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^
Clearly anyone bidding has read both BaT and here and will make their own conclusions. I guess we see where this ends up but no doubt someone will buy this car.

I have been in-between far too many cases like this and most of the time neither party is in the right. Mostly emotion takes over and people get irrational on one end the other or both. Clearly the point was made and he has done some things like post paint thickness readings without submitting pictures. A huge mistake and makes me question his motivation however is the car a bad car?
Old 06-18-2019, 04:16 AM
Lorenzoh
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^
Clearly anyone bidding has read both BaT and here and will make their own conclusions. I guess we see where this ends up but no doubt someone will buy this car.

I have been in-between far too many cases like this and most of the time neither party is in the right. Mostly emotion takes over and people get irrational on one end the other or both. Clearly the point was made and he has done some things like post paint thickness readings without submitting pictures. A huge mistake and makes me question his motivation however is the car a bad car?
No, it’s not a bad car, it’s a bad seller. The car is rough around the edges and the seller is vague and aloof. Clearly from the bidding it will sell, I wish the Next owner good luck.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:45 AM
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree however there have been some cars sold on BaT where the sellers were downright liars and the cars were bad cars in need of 10's of thousands in repairs. So if it isn't a bad car we all have had to deal with bad sellers at one point. I had closed deal on a 928GTS years ago and as I waited three days for wire transfer info after sending a deposit, I got a response telling me the car had sold and here is your money back. WTF!! But Life goes on.
The following users liked this post:
9SIX4-C4 (06-29-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE- BLACK 1990 C2 COUPE

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: