Not happy about pedal feel

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 01:11 AM
_Remi
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Not happy about pedal feel

Hi friends,

I have had my 964 for a few months now and have not been happy about the way the clutch and the brake pedals feel :/

The brake pedal seems to have a "step" at the beginning. It brakes fine, I don't really pay attention when braking hard but when driving around town, it's bothers me a lot. I feel it every time I press the pedal and was able to capture it on video. You can see that I can easily push with my finger (unlike the clutch that does not have that step problem).

And speaking about the clutch, it does have a different "step" problem. It does not fully go back from time to time. I press it, shift and release it and it stays about 10% down. If I tap it lightly, it will go back up.

I have already bled both brake and clutch slaves, they needed it fairly badly (previous owner probably did not do it in a few years) but it made no difference to both those issues.

What should I look at?

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2018, 11:45 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

The brake pedal should have a slight amount of play at the top. Both of my cars do.

As for your clutch, I would check your clutch roll pin. While you have the pedal assembly apart, you may want to replace the plastic bushings. I rebuilt both pedal assemblies on my cars and it improved the feel.

Quick Reply: Not happy about pedal feel