Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voltphreaks Battery 15% RL Group Purchase Discount!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 491 Likes on 364 Posts
Default Voltphreaks Battery 15% RL Group Purchase Discount!

I'm cross posting this thread here in the 964 Forum. https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...l#post14713521

Voltphreaks lightweight batteries have been getting some great reviews here on Rennlist. The VPR96, for example, weighs only 5.25 lbs. with an impressive 940 cranking amps. I reached out to Rennline to inquire about a group discount if we could put ten buyers together here on Rennlist. Rennline reached out to Voltphreaks and they have teamed up to offer a 15% discount if we can put together a group buy of 10 or more batteries. Any Voltphreaks battery would qualify and they would include SAE posts and upgraded Aluminum SAE adapters. Finding these batteries on sale is impossible, and I'm excited that Rennline has pulled this together for us.

If you're interested, please let me know by posting in the thread link above.

Thanks!

Jim
Old 01-06-2018, 02:21 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

What's the anticipated price with discount?
Old 01-06-2018, 03:58 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eddieb4
What's the anticipated price with discount?
These units regularly sell for $980 to $1,280 depending on the model you choose. http://www.rennline.com/Batteries-Cables/products/173/

With the 15% discount, you're looking at $833 to $1,088. That's about $200 off the top line model. Money well spent on such dramatic weight savings IMHO.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:56 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have but i just bought the oddyseya few weeks ago😏
Old 01-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

what are the major differences between these and the battery tender battery in the other thread that is $300? Other than $700. I am sure there is considering the price difference, but I'm not sure what specs are important for a california car that is driven a couple times a week...
Old 01-06-2018, 10:39 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 94 Posts

Holy crap $1000?!
i am sure they weight savings are great but I may just get on a diet
Old 01-06-2018, 11:47 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Andrews
what are the major differences between these and the battery tender battery in the other thread that is $300? Other than $700. I am sure there is considering the price difference, but I'm not sure what specs are important for a california car that is driven a couple times a week...
I think it's pretty cool that guys like Jack Olsen have been using the Deltran Battery Tender (LiFe PO4) with success. Great weight savings and the battery only costs about $300 or so. And I'm not trying to sell Voltphreaks, just help other guys that want them. But in my humble opinion the Voltphreaks is on another level entirely. The Voltphreaks has 940 cranking amps and 430 cold cranking amps. The Battery Tender is only rated down to 40 degrees and above, and therefore doesn't even have a CA or CCA rating. That's not good. The Battery Tender is only rated 480 "LCA." That's lithium cranking amps. That's a nonstarter in my book, literally.

Additional features that distinguish Voltphreaks:
The battery can be deep cycled, I.e. fully discharged with no damage to the battery.
LVC (Low voltage cutoff)
True physical disconnect via relay switch
Remote on off with optional harness
Sophisticated circuitry to protect the battery, and your car.

Originally Posted by The Italian Pursuit
Holy crap $1000?!
i am sure they weight savings are great but I may just get on a diet
Yup, that's why I wanted to pull a group buy together. Lithium batteries do have far greater longevity, so this may be the last battery you ever buy for the car. And the 30-35 lbs. weight savings is not inconsiderable. That's the equivalent of converting to a fiberglass front hood, for a lot less money. Voltphreaks isn't for everyone. But if you're serious about losing weight (for your car, that is), and want a no compromise battery that will start your car in any weather, Voltphreaks may be the right choice.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:00 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streetdaddy
I would have but i just bought the oddyseya few weeks ago😏
Thanks Streetdaddy, and I noticed you asked about putting a Voltphreaks group buy together back in 2016. https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...l#post13596641
Old 01-07-2018, 04:45 AM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried! I went with the bigger ( 925) Odyssey because i have to have reliability. I pick up kids / work at a hospital, so i cant be late. Only saved 10 lbs over a standard battery. I probably would have splurged for the voltphreaks as it is light and powerful. I dont like to worry about click, click, click. Hate that sound!

Quick Reply: Voltphreaks Battery 15% RL Group Purchase Discount!