Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 964

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 10:25 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

The paint is like glass, only a few minor scratches that will probably never come out. Heres mrs dingo and i
Old 03-18-2018, 11:13 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Ok you have a good excuse, I’ll be patient

That last shot looks great!

I would definitely advise against chasing the deeper scratches, they won’t be that noticeable and you would lose way too much paint trying to level everything around them.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:19 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Didn't touch the tail as will be fixing it in the future.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:24 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Ok you have a good excuse, I’ll be patient

That last shot looks great!

I would definitely advise against chasing the deeper scratches, they won’t be that noticeable and you would lose way too much paint trying to level everything around them.
Haha! Like I say I'm just nowhere near good enough with a camera to show how great it looks compared to before anyway!

Yes definately will be leaving the deep scratches, pretty sure im the only one that notices them anyway. One of them actually looks like it's under the paint or something... it's quite odd!
Old 03-20-2018, 02:21 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Dingo
The paint is like glass, only a few minor scratches that will probably never come out. Heres mrs dingo and i
Great photo. The paint on that car shines. It reflects well on you and the Mrs. Dingo!
Old 03-20-2018, 03:22 AM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Foxman

Great photo. The paint on that car shines. It reflects well on you and the Mrs. Dingo!
I'm no oil painting but i like it more than our bathroom mirror I'l get some good photos next time I get it out!
Old 03-29-2018, 10:35 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Some people will hate this..... but I love it!
I have cut the air con bracket off to tidy things up.
It was an absolute pig of a job and I wouldn't recommend doing it with the engine in!
As it's good Friday no stores are open so tomorrow I'll tidy up the paint on the engine tin.
I'm spending the day tidying up a few bits and pieces.

The aluminium will match everything else in a few weeks when it starts to corrode again!
Old 04-01-2018, 07:08 AM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Brought 5 cans of degreaser yesterday.... another day and I'll be running out of things to clean!
Old 04-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Not sure if anyone reads these in detail. But if anyone is reading I'd like to know if there is any trick to remove the bracket for the secondary muffler? Ive read that you can lose one of the spacers in the power steering pump area. It seems like there are 2 13mm bolts and a smaller one, would this be correct? Reason for removing is im installing a gpipe and cant see the point of leaving it on. Thanks
Old 04-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 140 Posts

Not sure if anyone reads these in detail. But if anyone is reading I'd like to know if there is any trick to remove the bracket for the secondary muffler? Ive read that you can lose one of the spacers in the power steering pump area. It seems like there are 2 13mm bolts and a smaller one, would this be correct? Reason for removing is im installing a gpipe and cant see the point of leaving it on. Thanks
Hey D,

I ran a G pipe for the last year, and I have just put back the secondary muffler. So my set up is stock for NZ/SA/Sin, which is a cat-bypass, primary and secondary muffler. So, the cat by-pass will arguably give the HP gain. Why did I go back? While I prefer a bit more "bark" I disliked the G pipe sound. IMHO the G pipe delivers a deep truck sound, some say like a WRX Subaru. The setup now delivers more of flat six sound, with a nice growl at WOT. So, I suggest before attempting to remove the secondary bracket, try the G pipe for a while, you may like it, then make a call.

I am still looking for nirvana for an exhaust note. My ex 993 with x-pipe and maxflo is the bench mark.

S

Old 04-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Spokes
Hey D,

I ran a G pipe for the last year, and I have just put back the secondary muffler. So my set up is stock for NZ/SA/Sin, which is a cat-bypass, primary and secondary muffler. So, the cat by-pass will arguably give the HP gain. Why did I go back? While I prefer a bit more "bark" I disliked the G pipe sound. IMHO the G pipe delivers a deep truck sound, some say like a WRX Subaru. The setup now delivers more of flat six sound, with a nice growl at WOT. So, I suggest before attempting to remove the secondary bracket, try the G pipe for a while, you may like it, then make a call.

I am still looking for nirvana for an exhaust note. My ex 993 with x-pipe and maxflo is the bench mark.

S
Hey spokes!

I'l be doing the cat bypass as one of the next things on my list. Yes I have read a ot of people don' like the sound of the g pipe. To be honest I just disconnected the secondary muffler and started the car up for a minute to get an idea on sound haha I quite like the idle but I'll find out once the car is running again and make a decision. You make a good point and that's what I'll Do!

I found a thread on here where someone was welding all kinds of different aftermarket mufflers on.. Not sure what kind of noise he ended up with!?
Old 04-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

more cleaning!
Old 04-05-2018, 03:54 AM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Old one was squashed and harder than a woodpeckers lips.

Much better.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:59 AM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Had a major oil leak on the oil pressure sender. Got a new o/ring from a fellow rennlister and installed tonight. Now I just have to keep saving for my engine fan...

Last edited by Dingo; 04-05-2018 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:09 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokes
...So, I suggest before attempting to remove the secondary bracket, try the G pipe for a while, you may like it, then make a call.
+1 on try it first and then decide.
Also +993 on the 993 exhaust mods. Your set up and the Fister III sound super good.

Had a major oil leak on the oil pressure sender. Got a new o/ring from a fellow rennlister and installed tonight. Now I just have to keep saving for my engine fan...
That stupid gasket was a major source of leaks on my engine too.

I too love the clean look, especially in the engine bay. Jealous of non-AC, but it's just too hot in North Carolina for that.
Not to spend your money, but are you thinking of doing a blower motor bypass down the road?

Are you keeping the engine pad tabs, or are you going saw them off?
Love how you're cleaning the car up. You deserve to go for a long drive soon!

Quick Reply: My 964