My 964 - Page 13 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 964

 
Old 05-20-2018, 06:30 AM
  #181  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default

Originally Posted by Spokes View Post


If you are happy with the powder coaters in CHC I would do that, and if they understand treating Mg. I sent my fan and shroud up to Auckland to HPC Paint on a recommendation.
Yeah the guy I use is awesome. I'll go see him and see what he thinks is best. As long as it's black I'm happy!
Dingo is online now  
Old 05-24-2018, 04:07 AM
  #182  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default



Housing has been blasted, will order the fan tonight!
Dingo is online now  
Old 05-25-2018, 07:25 PM
  #183  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default Oh no!

Please help, I ordered the fan foxman quoted above
964-106-015-31

But only just looked at the number on my original fan 964-106-113

is this bad?

Last edited by Dingo; 05-25-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Dingo is online now  
Old 05-31-2018, 04:09 AM
  #184  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default



Got the housing back from the powdercoaters today, looks great. Hopefully the fan will be here tomorrow and I'll be on the road again for the first time in months
Dingo is online now  
Old 06-01-2018, 03:39 AM
  #185  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default



Its a thing of beauty!
Oh my God I can't wait to get in the shed and get the car going! But I'll have to wait for the morning as it's takeaway and movie night at the dingo house
Dingo is online now  
Old 06-01-2018, 03:48 AM
  #186  
Spokes
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Spokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ZQN, New Zealand
Posts: 859
Default

Whoa! Looking sharp. Charge the battery!
Spokes is online now  
Old 06-01-2018, 04:43 AM
  #187  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default

Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Whoa! Looking sharp. Charge the battery!
Thanks spokes! I still haven't bought a battery charger haha I'll have to jump start it off the work van! Going to be a great weekend!
Dingo is online now  
Old 06-01-2018, 05:32 PM
  #188  
Foxman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Foxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,761
Default

Originally Posted by Dingo View Post


Its a thing of beauty!
Oh my God I can't wait to get in the shed and get the car going! But I'll have to wait for the morning as it's takeaway and movie night at the dingo house
Looks awesome Dean! I like the simple, clean black and silver. This is definitely on my to do list...
Foxman is offline  
Old 06-01-2018, 05:47 PM
  #189  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default

Originally Posted by Foxman View Post
Looks awesome Dean! I like the simple, clean black and silver. This is definitely on my to do list...
Thanks mate! Yes that's how I like things. Simple and plain!
Dingo is online now  
Old 06-01-2018, 08:36 PM
  #190  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default



We are back in business!
Dingo is online now  
Old 06-01-2018, 08:42 PM
  #191  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default

So that was pretty easy, I'm really glad I did things properly. I didn't end up buying the rs pulley as I found out it's about $300 to get one to New Zealand and I have more important things to do at the moment.
I will however send the pulley halves off to get powder coated black next week.

It's raining here until next Thursday and I snapped the head off one of those stupid Allen head bolts (anybody know the part number?) that go into the fan so unfortunately I won't be driving it but I'm just happy it's going again!

Cheers!
Dingo is online now  
Old 06-01-2018, 08:50 PM
  #192  
Spokes
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Spokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ZQN, New Zealand
Posts: 859
Default

Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
So that was pretty easy, I'm really glad I did things properly. I didn't end up buying the rs pulley as I found out it's about $300 to get one to New Zealand and I have more important things to do at the moment.
I will however send the pulley halves off to get powder coated black next week.

It's raining here until next Thursday and I snapped the head off one of those stupid Allen head bolts (anybody know the part number?) that go into the fan so unfortunately I won't be driving it but I'm just happy it's going again!

Cheers!
Nice that it is running again. Which hex bolt did you break. Can you be more specific?
Spokes is online now  
Old 06-01-2018, 08:54 PM
  #193  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default

Originally Posted by Spokes View Post


Nice that it is running again. Which hex bolt did you break. Can you be more specific?
Very happy, I should have taken a photo sorry. Its one of the 3 small hex head bolts that screw into the fan hub bearing and then the 10mm nuts go onto them and hold the fan pulley on.
I can take a photo later if you like, Mrs dingo is forcing me to go shopping
Dingo is online now  
Old 06-01-2018, 09:32 PM
  #194  
Spokes
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Spokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ZQN, New Zealand
Posts: 859
Default

D, it is part no 900.119.026.02 Pan Head Screw M6 x 30

You should be able to buy that locally at any Fastener Nut & Bolts Shop.
Spokes is online now  
Old 06-01-2018, 09:48 PM
  #195  
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 777
Default

Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
D, it is part no 900.119.026.02 Pan Head Screw M6 x 30

You should be able to buy that locally at any Fastener Nut & Bolts Shop.
Great thanks for that, all the fastner shops will be closed by the time I get there but great to know, I'll grab some on Tuesday.
Dingo is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 964


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: