Sponsored by:

BBS LM fitment for 964

Old 12-19-2017, 04:52 AM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Received 90 Likes on 37 Posts
Default BBS LM fitment for 964

Dear Rennlisters,
We recently had a good discussion with BBS on the LM fitment for 964. The previous 18'' rear fitment for narrow body 964 was discontinued & no longer available. As a BBS dealer & air-cooled focused shop we feel like the need to bring back one of the most iconic BBS street wheel for the 964 owners. The response from BBS was very positive so we are happy to announce we will have an newly revived 18'' LM fitment available for the 964 again.

Moreover, to make this new fitment even more exciting, for a short period of time we are able to order them in the five new "2018 Limited Edition" colors that are exclusively offered in Japan only. Besides our normal stock order, we would like to offer Rennlisters this opportunity to preorder the specific desired color that you want since we don't plan to order all of the combination for stock. This is the best chance to get a set of truly unique LM finish from BBS for your car.

For additional questions please ask away. We will try our best to answer them. Feel free to PM or email us directly for details. Some general info as below:

Initial order window will be closed on Monday, Jan 15th, 2018 to insure no further delay for production & delivery. We only plan to do one run of them so secure your set when you can.

Final wheel spec:

8.5 x 18 ET56 Front
10 x18 ET50 Rear

Finish combinations (Standard LM finishes also available. Refer to Post #10) :

1. Diamond black center / Diamond black lip:

2. Diamond Silver center / Diamond Black lip:

3. Diamond Black center / Black lip:

4. BBS Gold center / Diamond Black lip:

5. BBS Gold center / Black lip:

Last edited by Rstrada; 12-19-2017 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added Info
Old 12-19-2017, 05:18 AM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Cost:
Final cost is yet to be determined. We expect full set of wheel at $3,950 + shipping to your door. We also offer tire package and can ship them mounted & balanced. Our default tire partner is Michelin but other brands are available upon request. Feel free to PM or drop us a mail for tire quote.

Delivery Time Frame:
We were told the production could take 6 to 8 weeks + the sea-freight shipping from Japan. We won't know the final timeframe until the order is submitted. We would like to keep this ordering window open for at least 3 week from now for the members.

Deposit:
We are asking $2,000.00 deposit upfront for this special order. We will provide you the order confirmation from BBS as prove of order. The deposit will not be refundable once the order is locked-in. We will try our best to update the delivery time frame but we could experience some delay depends on the order queue at BBS factory.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:33 AM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Here's the latest 964 full suspension build with this exact LM fitment. This was our last pair of the discontinued LM144 in standard Diamond Silver / Silver polished lip. This finish is also available for order if you want the classic color combo.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:37 AM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Convince BBS to make them in 17" and we'd be talking.
18" for the roads where I live is a bent rim waiting to happen.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:45 AM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rennlistuser8
Convince BBS to make them in 17" and we'd be talking.
18" for the roads where I live is a bent rim waiting to happen.
Rennlistuser8,
Totally understand your concern. Working with BBS to come up with a fitment they discontinued isn't easy already. We just can't please everyone. I'm sure there are other wheel options in 17" will suit your need. Happy hunting!
Old 12-19-2017, 10:38 AM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts

Nice work, you are going to make a lot of 964 fans VERY happy! The only bad news is guys like me who had to REALLY work hard to put together a set, now they won't be so rare!

Here was my adventure building a set for my 964: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...the-man-2.html

Guys,this in an absolute STEAL at this price. I had to find a really rare set of wheels (took almost a year for true 964 fitments) then had to wait several months for Jim to work his magic and spent more than that for my set!

Old 12-19-2017, 11:13 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I might be in on this... polished lips though for sure!
Old 12-19-2017, 02:35 PM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nathan1
Nice work, you are going to make a lot of 964 fans VERY happy! The only bad news is guys like me who had to REALLY work hard to put together a set, now they won't be so rare!

Guys,this in an absolute STEAL at this price. I had to find a really rare set of wheels (took almost a year for true 964 fitments) then had to wait several months for Jim to work his magic and spent more than that for my set!
nathan1,
Great work & dedication! Always good to see someone going for that extra step to make the little things different. The wait is well worth it!

I think you will be ok on the rarity side of things. Although we are making this application available again the quantity will be very limited. Plus we are still taking order for the E88 (I know there's a long debate between the LM & E88) so this window of opportunity of the LM will be only for a short period of time. We have no plan to keep lots of them on hand.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Default Standard Finishes

Originally Posted by tonymission
I might be in on this... polished lips though for sure!
tonymission,
Polished lip will be one of the three standard finishes offered for LM. They are:

Diamond Silver center / Polished lip
Diamond Black center / Polished lip
BBS Gold center / Polished lip

We can order those as well. Just let us know if you want a set.

All LM polished lip from BBS are machined polished with clear-coat on top. It's not the raw metal polished seen on nathan1's finish above or like the ones on E88s. Here's a close up picture you can see the finish:

Old 12-19-2017, 03:00 PM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Standard Color Combinations:

We can order them in the standard finishes as well so please let us know if there's an interest.

BBS Gold center / Polished with clear-coat lip

Diamond Silver center / Polished with clear-coat lip

Diamond Black center / Polished with clear-coat lip

Old 12-20-2017, 11:47 AM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I’ll take a set.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:28 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

If I'm running longer studs due to 14mm worth of spacers, will I need to get those re-converted to OE spec assuming these don't require spacers?
Old 12-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tonymission
If I'm running longer studs due to 14mm worth of spacers, will I need to get those re-converted to OE spec assuming these don't require spacers?
Tonymission,
You will not need spacers for these. If u're running open-end lug nuts you'll be fine just with longer studs exposed. If u're running factory lug nuts, then you need to convert them back. Let us know next time we can get you a set of spacer that doesn't require longer studs. Much easier!

Please email us directly to info@rstrada.com with your contact info. Also please specify the color combination you want. We will contact you from there.

Thank you & happy holidays!
Old 12-20-2017, 09:43 PM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FJSeattle
I’ll take a set.
PM sent.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Happy new year guys!

Just want to make sure we're staying on top of this. For those contacted us directly, please specify the color combos in the email or PM so we can make sure the orders are placed correctly.

​​​​​​​Thank you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BBS LM fitment for 964