Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I found one of my rattles....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 09:56 AM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So I found one of my rattles....

In my quest to find out where the two rattles i have coming from the car i have found one. Now i need to know what exactly is going on and how to fix it. The one i found sounded like it was coming from underneth the dash towards the middle of the dash. I noticed it was only coming on when i was in fourth gear. Its not that loud but loud enough for me to notice. I noticed that the rattle goes away when I'm in fourth and i slightly push the gear shift to the right (while in gear). Not really push more like press slightly. Bushing or something? Thanks for any replies.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

its likely the nylon cup bushing going bad, if you have never rep,laced them it is time!! your car warned you. when i went to install my goldenrod and short shift
mine was only held on by the boot!!
Old 12-04-2017, 01:54 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Silvertarga
its likely the nylon cup bushing going bad, if you have never rep,laced them it is time!! your car warned you. when i went to install my goldenrod and short shift
Thanks! My brother had an RS short shift kit installed right before I bought it. I'm wondering if it is usually replaced when that is done. I' thinking of installing the golden rod along with upgraded tie rods. Need to take away some bump steer the car has.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:48 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did this for my car. I brought my car to House Automotive (Pasadena) just to change the seat belt. Right when they were done with the car, the old *** bushing gave out and the car couldn't be shifted. My buddy Rex also recommend I get the goldenrod and short shifter! Will definitely do this mod in the future <3

*My car didn't really have any noticeable rattle noise. But the car wasn't "tight" when it was in gear (esp 3rd and 4th). Everything feels new now with new bushings.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:54 AM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aceking4u
I just did this for my car. I brought my car to House Automotive (Pasadena) just to change the seat belt. Right when they were done with the car, the old *** bushing gave out and the car couldn't be shifted. My buddy Rex also recommend I get the goldenrod and short shifter! Will definitely do this mod in the future <3

*My car didn't really have any noticeable rattle noise. But the car wasn't "tight" when it was in gear (esp 3rd and 4th). Everything feels new now with new bushings.
So installing a golden rod I would not have to worry about new bushings? Right?
Old 12-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Im getting old and dont remember if the goldenrod alone replaces that cup bnd ball, I did the FD short shift and goldenrod and love it, If someone doesnt answer your question give the guys at FD Motorsports a call, they are great to work with

I see you had an RS shifter installed already , I would get under the car and check what is there before ordering any parts, all you may need is the goldenrod
Old 12-08-2017, 10:19 AM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Im getting old and dont remember if the goldenrod alone replaces that cup bnd ball, I did the FD short shift and goldenrod and love it, If someone doesnt answer your question give the guys at FD Motorsports a call, they are great to work with

I see you had an RS shifter installed already , I would get under the car and check what is there before ordering any parts, all you may need is the goldenrod

Thanks. Spoke with Darin over at FD and he said the goldenrod would be all I would need.

Quick Reply: So I found one of my rattles....