Sponsored by:

bored with the C2...considering small projects - input please

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts
Default bored with the C2...considering small projects - input please

I've had my 94 C2 for a little over 2 years. I've pretty much left it alone with the exception of KW V3's, e88's, and a ducktail spoiler. I lose interest in cars when I'm not playing with them, so I'm thinking about a couple different minor garage projects. no real end "goal" here. The car will see light track duty, but not much as if I'm really going to drive something in anger it will be a race car, not a street car.

suspension - the car has more body roll than I like. So I'm likely adding sway bars. Looking at the new eibach ones. At the same time, I'll likely add adjustable end links. (any suggestions on cost effective ones? I'm shocked at how expensive they are compared to ones for more common cars.) Also considering the tarett rear spring plates. I am looking at them from the practical perspective that I do my own alignment, and getting rear toe and camber set right is next to impossible. Will I notice a difference when driving with these? (ie - is there a lot of deflection during compression that screws with the alignment while driving?) What else would you do under the car if you are on a budget? I didn't do adjustable upper mounts because I was able to get camber to what I thought was an acceptable setting - I might add a little more caster if I could, but not much.

interior - my 25 year old and 75,000 mi tan interior looks fine. but its boring. I'm considering adding a plaid insert to the seats and doing RS door cards in the same material. But don't like the look of the stock seats with inserts. What would you put in the car? Modern recaros? (I'm not super excited about a bucket in a car that sees mostly street driving - and I use the back seats for kids right now) Is there anything that provides a retro look without looking like I'm trying to put a 356 interior in a car from the 90's?

What other projects have you guys done that have increased your engagement with your cars?

Matt
Old 11-27-2017, 12:33 AM
sundog
Race Director

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

Roll cage, 6 point belts, and r compound tires. Whole different animal!

but other than that, cup pipe, mirrors.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:43 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

bring it to bbi and thell them you want a Chris N car
or bring to Eli's guy and duplicate Eli car
done
Old 11-27-2017, 10:47 AM
ekoges
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
bring it to bbi and thell them you want a Chris N car
or bring to Eli's guy and duplicate Eli car
done
you are welcome to drive mine. But be prepared for the word “budget” to go out the window
Old 11-27-2017, 12:56 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

yeah. ha. I'm looking for things I can do on jack stands in the garage and still send the kids to college. But I would be interested in driving yours. let me know next time its in SoCal. While I'm doing things under the car, any other suspension components short of front uprights that make a noticeable difference when changed? I've removed the 2nd muffler already. And I have a cat replacement pipe but I put the cat back on. Sounds like short of putting the car on a diet and focusing on weight removal, there isn't any one short coming on these cars?
Old 11-27-2017, 01:33 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 94 Posts

I really like these seats!

http://www.cobraseats.com/Downloads/...20Historic.jpg
Old 11-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Learn to drive it in anger on the track. You’ll have a whole another appreciation for the car
Old 11-27-2017, 08:11 PM
mwneedham
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it to the track. Guaranteed your boredom will disappear instantly. Seriously, you will be involved with the car like never before.

MWN
Old 11-27-2017, 08:30 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Learn to drive it in anger on the track. You’ll have a whole another appreciation for the car
so true!

i mean, I haven’t driven my 964 on the track yet but the first time I drove it “a bit aggressively” IT ALL MADE SENSE.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:59 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

yeah. so brake pads and fluids and go put it on the track. Thats pretty much what I used to tell people on miata forums too. lol

Car needs a better alignment as well. then will go in december.

Quick Reply: bored with the C2...considering small projects - input please