Sponsored by:

Dyno day Saturday Sept 23rd openings

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 09:00 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts
Default Dyno day Saturday Sept 23rd openings

I posted a thread a while back regarding a dyno day I setup for this Saturday Sept 23rd. The event is held in Clifton NJ at Apex Autowerks

https://apexautowerks.com/

We have 3 people that backed out so three openings are available. We will be starting at 10 AM but not everyone needs to be there at the same time.

Cost is $75 for a three pull session. This is a great way to see how your car is doing. There will be food served and registered participants can bring friends.

They use a Mustang Dyno which is the most accurate way to test your car.

I will be having people back to my house afterwards for burgers and beers. If the weather is nice the pool is open.

If anyone is interested please PM and I will send you the info needed to sign up at the discounted rate. Payment is due in advance. Spaces will be filled first come first served.

Hope to see some of you there.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:09 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Looks like we might be full PM me if still interested.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:53 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

So it was a great day. 10 was a perfect number. Everyone had a good time and we were able to see how our cars perform. Except for some slight upper RPM detonation in one of the cars they all performed as expected. They were all nice examples and each had its own sound.

Although not sure why but both my cars were the loudest of the bunch. I was surprised by the amount of growl the C2 had at the upper RPM range considering how much more quiet it is at idle compared to my exhaustless track car.

I have to thank John and George from Apex they know their stuff and made the day fun and educational.

I am thinking of doing this again in the spring. I highly recommend it.

A couple of pics from the day and Ilko's 993RS clone is a thing of beauty along with my friends Club coupe and the rest whats not to like.
Attached Images         
Old 09-24-2017, 09:56 PM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Cobalt, excellent grouping of Porsches!! Will you be able to post some dyno sheets?? I would love to know what the aircooled cars are putting down.

How about your turbo 964 beast? 😁 Over 500whp+ ??
Old 09-24-2017, 10:21 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sander97C2
Cobalt, excellent grouping of Porsches!! Will you be able to post some dyno sheets?? I would love to know what the aircooled cars are putting down.

How about your turbo 964 beast? 😁 Over 500whp+ ??
Not quite. LOL Right now it has plenty of power and a lot of improvements in store. If the others want to post their sheets that is up to them. I am waiting on PDF's to be emailed to me this week.

It was a perfect combination we even had a nice Panamera. Would be nice to have a garage filled with all the cars there.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:57 AM
MeloB
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great event Anthony, thanks for putting it together! It was nice seeing those machines pushed to their limits.

Thanks for the pictures too!

Quick Reply: Dyno day Saturday Sept 23rd openings