Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Not Working, More Troubleshooting Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 09:08 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default ABS Not Working, More Troubleshooting Ideas?

After starting the car, a C2 Tip, and until I move a few hundred feet, the ABS alarm and the "I" light up. I have gone through a lot of the tests proposed by Mike ***, and continue to check individual circuits.

The odd thing is that I am not getting the warning light for ABS, however, I'm now getting the "airbag" light.

So far, every relay functions, each wheel sensor generates voltage when the wheel is spun, the pump motor can be jumpered and it runs, fuses are good, Accelerometer was removed from the center console and it was perfectly clean.

Now my question, can the "clock" gauge cause it not to work? I previously soldered the cold joints, but now that the airbag light comes back after a Scantool reset, I'm suspicious of it.

I will resolder the clock circuits and pull the ABS pump and disassemble and clean the ports.

I'm trying to find someone local that will lend me their ABS controller module to see if that is functioning.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:20 AM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Lou

Contact " cajonfan"

I was one of his testers on his abs diagnostic tool and it took all of five minutes to tell me what didnt work

Quick Reply: ABS Not Working, More Troubleshooting Ideas?