Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How bad is this 964 Targa with Turbo Flares? Yay or Nay?

Old 09-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by A914MAN
Maybe not your cup of tea, but it looks like it was put together pretty well. If you are a flipper, why would you do anything to it?
exactly because i'm not a flipper..i'm #1 a porsche enthusiast, #2 a dealer, not a flipper. So these cars i deal in them with "emotion" involved..so i'd want to make the car look good and how i myself would want it or would presume another Porschephile would want it.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RDH
lose the rear lid/wing for stock and fill out the fenders with some nice wide/deep rims & tires ....would be 100% improvement
what size offset approx you think i should try? has to be pretty large lol..
Old 09-09-2017, 06:34 PM
andy928
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

I would keep it as it is !

The 80s targa wide body are super rear and look great!

Have a look at the singer targa, say no more !!!!!!!!

Just my thoughts as i love the wide body look
Old 09-10-2017, 07:22 PM
A914MAN
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I get what you are saying, and perhaps my terminology was wrong, and I should have said "dealer".

Where is your dealership, do you have a website?

Porsche enthusiasts can have vastly differing tastes, a fact I'm sure you already know. Could you really cut off the flairs, weld on new rear fenders, find good used fenders, and then paint the car; for a profit??
Old 09-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A914MAN
I get what you are saying, and perhaps my terminology was wrong, and I should have said "dealer".

Where is your dealership, do you have a website?

Porsche enthusiasts can have vastly differing tastes, a fact I'm sure you already know. Could you really cut off the flairs, weld on new rear fenders, find good used fenders, and then paint the car; for a profit??
Thanks, and i do have a website and yelp etc, but not sharing it here since people may say i'm trying to drum up business. Last time i simply shared a 964 that i had an ad for i ended up getting in trouble
Old 09-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Guys, can anyone tell me if i just bought spacers for these wheels would that work? Or what ETA would i need to get to fill these wheel wells?
Old 09-11-2017, 10:51 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Guys, can anyone tell me if i just bought spacers for these wheels would that work? Or what ETA would i need to get to fill these wheel wells?
Spacers would work, but also plan for longer studs. IMO, I would just ditch the wheels, they don't look right. Need some dish.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:54 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LPMM
Spacers would work, but also plan for longer studs. IMO, I would just ditch the wheels, they don't look right. Need some dish.
yup, i agree

now to my silly question- The owner isn't even sure if the car is C2 or C4..yes strange but its a true story lol.

Only way i'm guessing its a C4 is by this diagram i see in the background of the guages of an AWD system, i only see it when dash light brightness turned all way up..however the guages have a white background, so not sure if these are even the stock guages..

No ***** but looks like there was only 1 ****, they replaced it with a porsche decal i guess since there is no spoiler that goes up and down- therefore this is a C2 isn't it??

How do i confirm this is a C2 or C4? i assume id' have to get under and find a diff?
Attached Images   

Last edited by Tarek307; 09-12-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:49 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Hit the corners full tilt and if you feel understeer it's a C4. Console looks like a C2 btw.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:35 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Hit the corners full tilt and if you feel understeer it's a C4. Console looks like a C2 btw.
lol..i'll try that. I suspect its a C2 because when i saw the dash background i told the owner i think its C4 and he said he had never known that..but again the white guage cluster maybe a mod they did on the car and happens to have that diagram in it.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:15 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Looks to be a C2 pull the front wheels and see if there are drive shafts if not it is a C2. The gauges are all the same whether they light up or not depends on what they are.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:51 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Looks to be a C2 from your last pic of the console, the PO simply removed the **** and covered it with the decal when he put the awful looking wing on it. Gauge faces are definitely not original.

Correction about the wheels... Ditch them in favor of new ones with some dish if you plan on keeping the car, it would look 100% better. OTOH if your plan is to put it up for sale, just keep them (perhaps a cheap repaint in silver or black) and add spacers/studs. Chances are that if you buy a new set of wheels, they won't be to the new owner liking, so why bother.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LPMM
Looks to be a C2 from your last pic of the console, the PO simply removed the **** and covered it with the decal when he put the awful looking wing on it. Gauge faces are definitely not original.

Correction about the wheels... Ditch them in favor of new ones with some dish if you plan on keeping the car, it would look 100% better. OTOH if your plan is to put it up for sale, just keep them (perhaps a cheap repaint in silver or black) and add spacers/studs. Chances are that if you buy a new set of wheels, they won't be to the new owner liking, so why bother.
what about an RS ducktail style wing? hmmm..they are alot less expensive from rennsline than the factory decklid ..decisions decisions..i think i'll still do the wheels..thats the problem with being a crazy porsche enthusiast and a dealer at the same time..i can't put it up for sale with those wheels, painted black pink or whatever, too ugly to my liking- if it makes sense i'll change the wheels, but again cost will be big..

Also noticed the window tint kills the contrast between targa top and car, so i'm taking off that dark window tint
Old 09-12-2017, 01:37 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Far from perfect but anything is better than the wheels on the car. Just for an idea and others come up all the time.

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...nd-others.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/images/m...allink_ltr.gif

Depending on how your suspension is setup you might be able to use any of these and there are others.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:42 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
Far from perfect but anything is better than the wheels on the car. Just for an idea and others come up all the time.

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...nd-others.html

Depending on how your suspension is setup you might be able to use any of these and there are others.
Unfortunately i'm banned from even looking at the classifieds simply because i was transparent and clear out being a dealer on here. Never ever sold or listed a car for sale here - one time in i shared a 964 i was selling innocently because the car was beautiful and was attacked by trader220 (which himself is a car flipper not even a dealer i think) and when i complained to Robb the forum owner he actually banned me from classifieds said i had to sponsor if i wanted to be allowed to post or look at them..sponsor? i am a member since 2010 way before being a dealer and i sell 1 or 2 cars a month month, super small operation and NEVER use the forums to sell cars..but oh well..rant over! lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How bad is this 964 Targa with Turbo Flares? Yay or Nay?