Sponsored by:

G pipe, classic radio installed

Old 08-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Beer Brewer
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default G pipe, classic radio installed

Hi All:

I just got my '92 C2 Cabriolet back from the shop after having a Dansk G pipe installed as well as the Porsche Classic radio. First, the G pipe - very happy! The car was really lacking in volume and tone before and now I can really hear the engine. I'm pretty damn deaf so that may have something to do with it, lol. Anyway, the car now sounds like it should.

Now to the radio: I like it. I'm not sure it's *worth* it in an absolute sense but it definitely integrates well into the dash. However, the gps has trouble finding satellites and the FM reception is terrible. I'm not sure I care as I don't use the nav that often and I'll train myself to use the Bluetooth streaming audio from my iPhone. I am wondering why the radio reception is so bad, though, as the former Alpine radio had no problem pulling in dozens of stations. Is this a common problem?

I also had them replace the weather stripping along the rocker panels and windows, and adjust the window fit and function of the locks. What once was rattling is now quiet. Fantastic. I now have a 26 year old convertible that is tight as a drum and sounds like a proper sports car when I give it some cane. And I can take calls via Bluetooth, a necessity for work. Love this damn thing.

Thanks all!

Pete
Old 08-13-2017, 04:25 PM
ffc
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Where did you shop put the GPS receiver? When I installed mine I used this thread https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...adventure.html and put the GPS receiver in the same location as in post 13 in the thread. Finsding satellites is OK. Radio reception isn't great but does work.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:42 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Id pull the radio and double check to be sure the antenna was attached and power was connected.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:34 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

+1 - Double check that the power antenna lead on the stereo head is connected to the antenna booster. That's how the antenna booster gets its power.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:20 AM
Beer Brewer
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi guys :

They installed the GPS antenna on the dash, about 4 inches to the left of the passenger A-pillar. I will check with the installer on how they attached the FM antenna - there's no way this is supposed to be the way the thing works. Thanks guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: G pipe, classic radio installed