Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum-59/)
-   -   My New To Me 1990 C2 Targa (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/1002463-my-new-to-me-1990-c2-targa.html)

Marine Blue 08-01-2017 01:21 AM

My New To Me 1990 C2 Targa

8 Attachment(s)
Last week I received a special delivery courtesy of Intercity Lines, as always they were absolutely awesome to work with.

I was fortunate to find a really nice 68K mile Targa in New Mexico and after a week of dialogue with the seller and a PPI I pulled the trigger. I purchased with the assumption that it would need some work but knock on wood I have been very pleasantly surprised that everything works as it should with no leaks....yet. ;)

I took some time detailing the inside over the weekend but I have yet to tackle the exterior, frunk and engine. I hope to start that over the next few weeks and get it prepped for driving and concours.

Here are a few pics....

cool whip 08-01-2017 06:46 AM

Congratulations! This is such an exciting time.

Deserion 08-01-2017 07:33 AM

Congrats, it looks fantastic. :)

911Jetta 08-01-2017 09:32 AM

Very, very nice! What color... Stone Grey?

Marine Blue 08-01-2017 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by 911Jetta (Post 14364778)
Very, very nice! What color... Stone Grey?

Thanks everyone!

She's Stone Grey which doesn't appear to be common?

The paint is in dire need of a proper polish which I think will make the paint pop. At the moment it looks good from about 5 feet. I also need to work through a few updates including changing out the headunit and door speakers. It needs some new rubber trim for the Targa top also which will be a fun project.

Silvertarga 08-01-2017 12:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Great looking car, always liked that color (and always watch 911Jettas posts for more pics) glad to see that the head unit is on the way out!! I just replaced mine with a Blaupunkt Toronto BT Unit, also did some rockford fosgate speakers to the door as the covers look much like the OEM and less like a spaceship

Suicide Jockey 08-01-2017 01:11 PM

REALLY nice! Major congrats. :thumbup: Love the color combo and you couldn't ask for much more with respect to the condition of the seats. Wow!

Good luck as you continue your concours prep. Can't wait to see this one!

Intercity Lines 08-01-2017 02:10 PM

Thank You

Originally Posted by Marine Blue (Post 14364410)
Last week I received a special delivery courtesy of Intercity Lines, as always they were absolutely awesome to work with.

I was fortunate to find a really nice 68K mile Targa in New Mexico and after a week of dialogue with the seller and a PPI I pulled the trigger. I purchased with the assumption that it would need some work but knock on wood I have been very pleasantly surprised that everything works as it should with no leaks....yet. ;)

I took some time detailing the inside over the weekend but I have yet to tackle the exterior, frunk and engine. I hope to start that over the next few weeks and get it prepped for driving and concours.

Here are a few pics....

Afshin,

As always thank you for your business and kind words and great photo's of your Targa delivery. Glad to hear all went well. We look forward to helping you with any future moves.

A914MAN 08-01-2017 04:18 PM

Welcome to Team Targa! Good choice, I'm lovin' ours. TLooks great!! The Cup wheels are a very nice touch, wish I hadn't sold mine a year before we got the Targa.

I'm in the process of replacing all the speakers, and my .02 is that unless you have the time and tools, stick with a direct replacement. PM me if you want to know what to avoid.

Nylasurf 08-01-2017 04:25 PM

Beautiful Targa - amazing color...enjoy her for years to come.

Santa Cruz Red 08-01-2017 04:33 PM

Gorgeous color combination and a truly handsome car all the way around, congratulations. BTW... cleanest freakin' garage ever!

Marine Blue 08-01-2017 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by A914MAN (Post 14365823)
Welcome to Team Targa! Good choice, I'm lovin' ours. TLooks great!! The Cup wheels are a very nice touch, wish I hadn't sold mine a year before we got the Targa.

I'm in the process of replacing all the speakers, and my .02 is that unless you have the time and tools, stick with a direct replacement. PM me if you want to know what to avoid.

The cup 2's came with the car but I plan to install a set of D90's which I picked up last week. My plan is to switch to the D90's and as long as the handling doesn't suffer I will sell the cup 2's at a reasonable price. If handling suffers I will likely buy a set of tires for the Cup 2's and keep them until I find a set of RH or Speedlines.

I will shoot you a PM regarding the headunit and door speakers, I definitely want it to look stock and don't want to cut anything.

jgj 08-01-2017 09:13 PM

+1 love that colour. I'm toying with repainting my black Targa either Stone or Slate grey so can't wait to see pictures of the polished paint.

964TOK 08-01-2017 10:36 PM

Nice car, great colour!

Marine Blue 08-01-2017 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Santa Cruz Red (Post 14365853)
Gorgeous color combination and a truly handsome car all the way around, congratulations. BTW... cleanest freakin' garage ever!

Ha Ha Thanks! The garage is the only place in the house that I have claimed as my own and yes I keep it tidy. :D