Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone use Spax coilover kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 09:48 AM
KEVIN ANDERSON
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone use Spax coilover kits

I'm curious to know the inside and outside diameter of the springs they use in their coilover kits for the 944 or 951. My company, 9xx-Parts, sells them but everything is drop shipped so the owner of my company doesn't know. Spax doesn't publish the width of the springs. Just says they are narrower race type springs and they also don't publish the strength of the springs. Only that they are progressive rate. I actually just got my own dealer account with Spax so I want to know this to help my customers. I emailed Spax but haven't heard back yet. If anybody has some info. I would really appreciate it. Thanks! Kevin
Old 06-16-2017, 03:11 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts

Pretty sure the Spax coilover kit I had on my car in England had progressive springs and the kit was height adjustable on the fronts only, the rears in the Spax kit were just regular dampers/shocks.

Edit: just to expand on my answer in relation to the op's question, the progressive springs had a varying diameter along their length, narrowest at the spring seats. These were from a while ago, they may have changed the design since then.

Last edited by MAGK944; 06-16-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

I used spax krypton gas inserts and rear dampers and was happy with them.

Quick Reply: Anyone use Spax coilover kits