Vitessi group buy

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 07:00 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Jeremy Himsel
I'm hoping to get the same info. I know the stage 2 numbers are at 20 to 22 psi on 100 octane. Not sure what else is done to the car. My question is what kind of power will the stage 2 kit make @ 15 to 16 psi on pump gas with a fairly stock (exhaust & stuff done) yet mechanically sound 951 make? Very few of us will be running 100 octane very much. How reliable are the kits or are they just one time glory runs on the dyno? What are some of the general specs on the turbos?
Exactly, I really want to know the real world statistics. Most of use our cars for street purposes so we'd like to know what the stats would be for cars running on pump gas, and at what boost level.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:25 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree, so far all the numbers are very impressive. I am just not sure if I can run 100 octane or 20-22psi all the time. I would like to see some runs at 14.5-16psi which is where I would like to be most of the time.
Also a curve would be nice to see as well and ofcourse the difference between the fast spool up and the non fast spoolup turbo dynocharts.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:35 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would be interested in a new turbo.....after christmas ofcourse......i was going with kokeln stage 5....but i am very open to vitessi.....products and what he has to offer.
I know its been asked but...what kind of power will these turbos make on pump gas....fyi i run anywhere from 16psi-20psi depending on the conditions.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:22 PM
Stuttgartuner
Intermediate

I am interested for after the Holiday season.....Guess I will have to be a member. I would be looking at a kit Stage II or III....? Would there be any discount like other manufacturers have for group buys, i.e. 15% off, etc. or only the free throw ins?
Also actual HP numbers written down, On the website all I saw were fuzzy dyno charts.
That being said Vitesse is still on the top of my List.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:13 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Glad to see so many people interested in the products.

The dyno charts on the web site indicate what each kit is capable of. However, I do not recommend running more that 1 bar boost on pump gas on the street.

To answer some of the questions, I will use some Stage 1 data.. At 17psi the torque was around 330 or so at the wheel..
Stage 2 will be even higher.. I do not have the charts for low boost runs, so I will not be able to post them.

Someone asked about a group by on certain items... I'll try to make it happen, but best to contact me off the list....

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:53 AM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

Default Quesion on PB system

It says come configured to your system. What exactly does this mean? Does that mean on an otherwise stock engine, it is plug and play? I am very interested some time down the road, but also concerned with the reliability. I'd still like to drive it on the street a few times a week.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:36 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So how much for your turbos only?
Old 11-19-2003, 02:53 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

payment plans?
Old 11-19-2003, 08:39 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes the kits are plug and play. You just need to fine tune to your particular car... As for reliability, the systems have been in use for years now. Have you ever heard any negative comments about the kits or service? NO!
Most users are on this list, perhaps they can jump in and give their opinion..

NZ951, if you like to discuss the price of the turbos, please email me directly.

All items must be prepaid, makes the "payment plans" very simple..
Old 11-19-2003, 09:21 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by fast951
As for reliability, the systems have been in use for years now. Have you ever heard any negative comments about the kits or service? NO!
Most users are on this list, perhaps they can jump in and give their opinion..
Come to think of it I haven't heard one person (who actually bought the kit) complain about it at all? John, I'll get with you Friday to make the arrangements.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Brian Fugok
Intermediate

I have had a Vitesse kit, w/o turbo, for about a year. PM me if you want details on integrating the MAF/PB/Injectors to a non Vitesse turbo (read Huntley turbo).

I bought my turbo before I heard of Vitesse. It was very overpriced, leaked from the start, and needed a lot of work to fit. It was a bad experience.

I HIGHLY recommend a complete kit. I think the performance of his components working together are phenomenal (opinion) but since that can be argued over on and on I'll stick with the two other factors we all want, price and ease of install.

I have yet to see anyone come close in price for the items, turbo, PB, MAF, chips, and injectors. Even piecing random sale items does not come close. Just try it as a challenge. The install and tuning instructions were detailed. All necessary items were included and nothing needed to be modified, it all fit as advertised.

Everything shipped and arrived as indicated. Service after the sale was fantastic (I received follow-up calls, e-mails, diagrams, etc.. during install and turning process).

As a point of comparison I have done business with at leat 6 other tuners/businesses on this list and I will not hesitate to think of Vitesse at the top.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:01 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

So to get the numbers indicated on the dyno's you need to run 20+ psi and race fuel????
Old 11-19-2003, 12:21 PM
Brian Fugok
Intermediate

A few months ago someone posted a Stage 1 kit dyno'd @ 17 psi or so. He posted results on premuim gas and prem w/ additive.

Hopefully he will chime in.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:25 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Toddk911, you are correct, boost makes power. The dyno charts indicate what the kits are capable of (assuming you have a solid engine).

All kits (stages) are designed to run efficiently between 15-22psi boost..
For the street, 15psi should suffice most people, and still have a VERY fast and strong 951...
Old 11-19-2003, 12:34 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by fast951
Toddk911, you are correct, boost makes power. The dyno charts indicate what the kits are capable of (assuming you have a solid engine).

All kits (stages) are designed to run efficiently between 15-22psi boost..
For the street, 15psi should suffice most people, and still have a VERY fast and strong 951...
John, is it correct we could store 2 maps, 1 for 15 psi and 93 pump gas and the 2nd for 20-22 psi and race gas ?

Quick Reply: Vitessi group buy