Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Water leaking into left passenger footwell

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 03:30 PM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PEvans
Did this leak cause water to accumulate in the floor pan behind the left/driver's seat but not in the driver's footwell, as in my case?

Can you be a bit more specific about the location of the upper end of the "drain by the fuse box" and where it ends?

FWIW I was able to pass a .065 trimmer cord through both drains in the rear of the sunroof channel and out underneath the car. Oddly, the second time I tried the driver's side I had to do a lot more coaxing, as if something blocked it when I pulled the cord out the first time. I don't yet know if the leak is still there.

I was not able to get the cord down the fuel filler drain. I need to try something different.

Are there other body drains I should check and clear?
That was the exact problem I had. Pool of water behind the drivers seat in the passenger foot well but the drivers side foot well was dry. The drain is on the fender side of the fusebox area. It drains into the wheel well. To get to the back side of it you will have to separate the fender liner enough to reach up to get the clog out. I would bet you will be able to see the clog mine looked like a bird nest. From the inside by the fuse box it looked clear but if you were to pour water in the area it would fill up and not drain.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:58 PM
hhc
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clogged drains below battery, 997.2

Quick Reply: Water leaking into left passenger footwell