Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Authority stage II chip set, need banjo fitting!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 07:32 PM
fullquack
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Authority stage II chip set, need banjo fitting!

Hey all,

I have a set of Authority stage II chips for my 944T, but I do not have the modified banjo fitting.

So I either need to find a fitting from someone or find out the jet size that was installed into the banjo fitting.

I have lots of jets for Carter carb.'s that will fit fine, I just do not know the jet hole diameter.

Can anyone help with this????

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Old 02-06-2017, 10:00 AM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

You DONT need an actual jet. I have made many of these. Take a non-hardened bolt, one that will fit inside the banjo fitting. Match the threads up with a tap that will thread the banjo fitting, I cant remember off hand what one it was. Tap the inside of the banjo fitting. Take the bolt and clamp the head into you drill press Start off with like 1/16 drill bit... The smaller the orifice, the more fun ..uh..I mean Boost you will get, Drill the hole in the bolt You can use the head of the bolt to clamp into your vice, Once the hole is drilled, clamp the bolt head into a vice and take a hacksaw blade and make a slit in it. Make sure it is deep enough to get your screwdriver in. Then cut the bolt off and de-burr Thread into your banjo bolt and Test. If the boost is too much and it knocks, go the next drill size up. \i have about 3 or 4 of these that I made depending on outside temp, When it is cold I have to run less boost, or when I pull the car out of storage in the spring and all the good octane is gone it will knock.. Have fun!
Old 02-06-2017, 09:30 PM
fullquack
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeh I ended up simply tapping the end of the banjo bolt 3/16-24, then screwed in a Carter carb jet {with red locktite}.

I found out that Autothority sent 2 jets with the chips 1 @ .077 and 1 @ .094, I opted for the middle ground as a start point and went with a .086 jet.

Snowed here last night so no test drives until it melts.

Mark

Quick Reply: Authority stage II chip set, need banjo fitting!