Ealokens Porshe 951 - Page 16 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Ealokens Porshe 951

Old 11-15-2017, 05:47 AM
  #226  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 867
Default

Originally Posted by Voith View Post
Got too many damaged parts myself so I try to spare that to others.

It did go slovenia -> sweden ->slovenia -> sweden so a bit of extra padding didn't hurt.

Block looks awesome. love it.
Haha, yes the postal guys was a mess.

But it now rest`s in my office with all the other porsche parts.


Engine building in januar i think.
ealoken is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 06:37 AM
  #227  
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Voith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 6,327
Default

Good luck, should be quite a beast. I have to get my sh*t together and do something soon too.
Voith is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 06:39 AM
  #228  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 867
Default

Originally Posted by Voith View Post
Good luck, should be quite a beast. I have to get my sh*t together and do something soon too.
min Hoping she Will make My desired 500whp on a 2.5.
ealoken is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 06:58 AM
  #229  
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Voith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 6,327
Default

You'll need to turn boost up to eleven to hit 500whp on 2.5 8v.
Voith is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 07:01 AM
  #230  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 867
Default

Originally Posted by Voith View Post
You'll need to turn boost up to eleven to hit 500whp on 2.5 8v.
My engine builder says 1.3-1.5 Bar will make the power.
I hope his calculator is right
ealoken is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 07:12 AM
  #231  
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Voith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 6,327
Default

Judging by bulds that were completed over the years here, that is very optimistic. Your builder better have experience with tuning 951 because it just won't handle boost as good as some other cars.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...running-9.html

This is a good example of 8v build but it's 3L.
Voith is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 07:19 AM
  #232  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 867
Default

Originally Posted by Voith View Post
Judging by bulds that were completed over the years here, that is very optimistic. Your builder better have experience with tuning 951 because it just won't handle boost as good as some other cars.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...running-9.html

This is a good example of 8v build but it's 3L.
I have yet to se a GTX3576R Gen2 on a 944 engine.
My head flows 30% more vs standar.
New camshaft and Intercooler that suports the flow.

February / March wil show
ealoken is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 07:28 AM
  #233  
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Voith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 6,327
Default

Careful. Germans would say: Besser ein Spatz in der Hand als die Taube auf dem Dach
Voith is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 07:31 AM
  #234  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 867
Default

Originally Posted by Voith View Post
Careful. Germans would say: Besser ein Spatz in der Hand als die Taube auf dem Dach
Haha :P

Well, time will show.
ealoken is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 08:22 AM
  #235  
Thom
Super User
 
Thom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,011
Default

Originally Posted by ealoken View Post
My head flows 30% more vs standar
Increasing overlap and trying to fill the resulting "compression leak" with an oversized turbo running lots of boost will be inefficient at best, and the engine will run quite bad at worst. Been there, done that. I ran a high duration camshaft up to 2.2 bar of boost with a GTX3076R without getting knock yet the car was slower than with the stock cam at 1.2 bar of boost. The engine was just an inefficient heat pump. Only interesting detail I remember was popping out a valve stem seal or two because of the high boost.
Thom is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 08:25 AM
  #236  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 867
Default

Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Increasing overlap and trying to fill the resulting "compression leak" with an oversized turbo running lots of boost will be inefficient at best, and the engine will run quite bad at worst. Been there, done that. I ran a high duration camshaft up to 2.2 bar of boost with a GTX3076R without getting knock yet the engine was slower than with the stock cam at 1.2 bar of boost. The engine was just an inefficient heat pump. Only interesting detail I remember was popping out a valve stem seal or two because of the high boost.
Ok, but im not going the extreme duration og 2bar boost.

My engine builder has built a lot of engines, and he calculates the engine before we dyno, and with that we know what it will make.

My biggest conserne is all the doubters.

Back in the day i had a 2.5l Volvo 4 syl it made 500 bhp on E85 and 1 bar boost.
ealoken is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 08:31 AM
  #237  
Thom
Super User
 
Thom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,011
Default

How many 8V 944 turbo engines has your engine builder made so far?
Thom is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 08:32 AM
  #238  
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 867
Default

Originally Posted by Thom View Post
How many 8V 944 turbo engines has your engine builder made so far?
10+
ealoken is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 08:33 AM
  #239  
Thom
Super User
 
Thom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,011
Default

Great, looking forward to the results then
Thom is offline  
Old 11-16-2017, 06:07 PM
  #240  
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Voith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 6,327
Default

Originally Posted by ealoken View Post
And then this arrived



What's the spec and price on clutch? I could use puck pressure plate like that too.
Voith is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ealokens Porshe 951


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: