Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Has anyone checked out the 951 for sale in Orlando?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 12:38 AM
Zu_langsam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone checked out the 951 for sale in Orlando?

There is a 951 for sale on autotrader in orlando. Just wondering if any of you guys from that area have checked out the car? Its champaign w/ fuchs. 120k Suposedly in great shape for 5900.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:52 AM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

I called about it a while back. Its been on the market quite some time? Do you have a link to it so I can be sure its the same one?
it was an 86 if I believe right.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Zu_langsam
Instructor

Here is the link. I am assuming that it has been on the market for a while b/c the ad states that the owner is moving out of the country and must sell, when I called I spoke with the owner's brother b/c the owner (his sister) had already moved to germany. He claims that the car is in excellent shape in and out and that he is aware of clutch and timing belt changes sometime between 90k and now (120k) I asked him to contact his sister for some more exact info. I have also been in contact with Sid at troysport in orlando about doing a pre-purchase on the car before I drive from NC. If this is the car that you called about what did you think about it?

http://autotrader.com/findacar/vdeta...r=&cardist=510
Old 11-01-2003, 01:14 PM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

That is indeed the car I called about. I did not see it because the guy did not have much info on the car to offer me. However i was going to stop by and take a look. See if todd911 is close and maybe he can take a look at it for you. i think he may be near there in FL.

I do go down from time to time and if its still for sale around christmas I will be close enough to take a look for you.

And yes it has been on the market quite some time. I would say at least 6 months.
The color does not quite suite me however. But you cant beat the deal. Just be ready for some work if needed.
Old 11-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, the fuchs are a nice bonus, too. BTW, fellow 'lister Brian McCoy is selling what I believe is an identical car.
Old 11-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeh, he knows about it from another thread... but mine's priced a little high for him right now (that's changing every month.. I hate having to drop the price, but I've also got to sell in the next 5~6 months)
Old 11-01-2003, 02:20 PM
Zu_langsam
Instructor

Brian Took the words out of my mouth. lol. It is quite a nice car though.

Quick Reply: Has anyone checked out the 951 for sale in Orlando?