Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Horrible experience with Broadfoot racing

Old 06-29-2016, 10:14 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
You can easily download the current tuning BIN file using the archaic necessary serial cable. The required serial cable is model specific. Would prefer a simple up to date data cable interface. Link to their site showing what you'd need. Trust me - most off the shelf serial cables DON'T work - think it's from needed serial cable's data transfer speed requirements.

http://electromotive.com/our-product...-serial-cable/

G
I spoke to Electromotive Directly , he said I have to send them the ECU to extract it, only way... I'm going to get it returned anyways.. Car is currently getting leaks fixed and new motor mounts and suspension bushings since they are SHOT
Old 07-01-2016, 03:55 AM
George D
Drifting

PM sent.

G

Originally Posted by JBrown
I spoke to Electromotive Directly , he said I have to send them the ECU to extract it, only way... I'm going to get it returned anyways.. Car is currently getting leaks fixed and new motor mounts and suspension bushings since they are SHOT
Old 07-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Jaxeyesandears
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shady for sure

[QUOTE=JBrown;13359203]It's not the fact it took just about 2 years well even tho that is crazy .... It's way they talked to me very disrespectfully, and ignored me . Who disrespects a customer a current customer while you actually have their vehicle. Won't pick up my phone calls you actually blocked me on Facebook and I have over $20,000 I sent to you and you wouldn't only take a wire transfer .. It honestly blew my mind the way he spoke to me. I would also get many messages from other people show me screenshots of him saying A ton of nasty things about me. He would post updates on Facebook about my car trying to show off his work but yet will not contact the customer to let him know these things because he blocked me.. I also have a saved voicemail of his wife cursing me out... Anyways There are so many other details I probably left out due to this long period of dealing with them, I have been wanting to write a review for sometime now I also could not say anything due to they had my car and who knows what they would've done if I started talking... He had me by the ***** had my money and my car I really wish I could've wrote a review like this - communication is horrible and he is very disrespectful but the guy builds an awesome motor.. just wanted to share my story so other people do not have to go through this.. But yes my new addition was actually born on my birthday

His wife has different personalities one day she'll
Preach to you and the next cuss you out
Depends on what group she's trying to take advantage of.
The following users liked this post:
EliteThink (03-06-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 05:42 PM
991SCab
Track Day

I named my first real boat (Tiara 3100 twin gas) Das Boot.
Old 09-26-2023, 02:56 PM
CLDG
Track Day

Originally Posted by JBrown
I really don't like writing bad reviews but after all the crap this company put my son through . We do not track the car or race it at all.
So 1 1/2 yrs ago my son through the internet finds this company to build him a motor for his 944Turbo. We had another company first build a motor and because of contaminates in the intake manifold from porting , scored up the pistons and damaged the block. Lindsey racing stood behind us and came to a fair settlement with the porting company . Lindsey racing is a stand up company. We know it is from contaminates from the intake manifold because we sent out the pistons and oil to verify and not me but professionals in the field confirmed that was the cause.
So now my son finds this company Broadfoot racing and whatever other names they go under. I have dealt with a number of engine building companies( I have a 911 turbo , full EFI conversion) like TurboKraft, Supertec performance as well as other extremely high-end , credible companies in the past and have always had good experiences.
After 6 months or so my son decides to check in and see how everything is going. No call back nothing, so after a while I decide to give a call to see how things are going. No call back nothing. I find out that they really don't use a phone to communicate, they text ( like a bunch of teenage girls).
I would like to let you know that the total investment was $20,000 , yes $20,000 . When someone spends that kind of money you don't talk to this person through text. When they wanted more money they would text my son and say. I need more money or I will not work on your car.
Really is that the way you do it. So more time goes by and more money more things bad etc... We ask when is the motor going to be ready. Days later by text. It will be done when it is done. That's the answer we get.
So I try to call to talk to him. Not happening, nobody answers the phone and no call back. By the way me and my wife run a car audio , performance store and find it strange no one answers or calls back.
So after more time goes by my wife decides to call, We figure hay his wife runs the front maybe we would get somewhere if a women called and talked. Well that did'nt go well. She actually answered the phone and when she found out who it was, she hang's up on my wife.
The next thing we no they are going on facebook and degrading my family, saying on no who is going to call now his grandfather, and rich mamas boy, The funny thing is at the time he was 23 and is a union machine operator and all the money was his own. Not a penny was given to him by anyone. Still they continue to bad mouth and make jokes about the whole issue and my family. Really I say to my self , Am I missing something, all we wanted was communication. After all we are spending 20,000 dollars on this we deserve more than a text . 1 yr goes by and the car supposedly is in the final stages. So the car goes to the dyno and just hits 400HP or a little more, I cant remember the exact number. So my is a little disappointed, since the motor was suppose to be close to 500HP. So they call my son a little brat on facebook because of his disappointment.
So the car gets shipped back to us. The day is shows up my son is pumped to get the car. Mine you the original agreement was for a fully tuned turn key all set up car.
The car barely starts and is pissing oil everywhere. Really!!!!! this is the way you send out a high dollar motor build. So he has to spend $700. to ship it back. When he gets it he says, by text again, still no phone call, It will take me 2 weeks to fix it. The issues was bad tec system ( computer for the car), brand new turbo was bad, and issue with injectors. You did not no this before you sent it out. So after 6 months supposedly it is all ready.
Before the delivery we decide to let another shop that came highly recommended to check the car out before we take delivery for a number of reasons. 1. We were told they were making in house bets on how long the motor would last. I was told they were saying like 2 weeks. 2. They way it was delivered the first time we did not trust them. As well as other reasons. The car shows up at the other shop to do oil sample, compression and leak down test. They opened up the oil filter and found metal parts that should not have been in there. Not only did they say that is not good but Lindsey Racing also looked at it and said that is not good.
leak down numbers were 7% across the board. Not bad but I would thing a brand new motor would be in the 2-3% range. The compression was 140 on three cylinders and 120 on one. Not really what you want to see on a new motor. We are hoping the low cylinder will come to life.
The good news is the metal was from the oil cooler. It was never cleaned out from the disaster of the first motor. Well good job Broadfoot racing on cleaning the oil cooler. Just leave all the junk in there so the motor blows up. We had the motor and cooler flushed. So after they fix other little things they see wrong it is ready to ship to us. $1600 later.
So now the car shows up to us. It starts, runs fairly good. It is lean in
some areas so it needs some minor tuning adjustments. The problem is they never sent us the bin file to load in a computer to make changes. Do you thing they answered the phone when we called to get that. lol.... So now we probably have to send the electromotive computer out to get the bin file from it. It also has a leak at the bottom of the turbo that drips on to the exhaust and smells and smokes pretty good. Good job Broadfoot racing, really a bunch of professionals.
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. They have been banned from a number of porsche sites because of issues, They have unsatisfied BBB complains and do a search on this company and you will see I am not the only one who has had problems. Everyone says they will take your money but never call you back. Other people have complained about parts that were suppose to be shipped and never received them and wait 6 months with no call to get there money back. You should be ashamed of how you handled this issue. Oh and by the way I have documentation to back up all I have said here. He has threatens most people with slander suits if they say anything bad about his company. PLEASE sue me for slander, I have everything I need to back up my statements.
By the way don't take my word for it. Do a search on this company, look them up on the BBB. I am stating fact not fiction.......
Beware of Albert Broadfoot and Kelli Crawford Broadfoot !!!! Below is what they did to me .

I communicated with Kelli Crawford Broadfoot in july of 2018 who is the wife of Albert Broadfoot who is the owner of Autosport of Florida (12655 Mt Pleasant Rd. Jacksonville, FL 32225) so I can ship my 1968 911S porsche to them to remove a running 3.0 fuel injected engine with its transmission that was in the car and then rebuilt the original engine and put it back with its transmission to the car. I paid half of the money to them after I shipped the car to them in 2018.
  1. Albert removed the 3.0 engine and its transmission at no time and sold them to someone else and never give me that money.
  2. Finally, 5 years later, I have to get the car ship back to me in June of 2023 in not running condition because the motor and the transmission was not installed in the car and not operated.
During that 5 years, 95% of the time, they don’t response to my emails or text messages to let me know the status of my car. They told me so many excuses and liars why it took so long to rebuilt the motor and to put it back in the car because Albert got Covid, Albert got Covid again, Albert having problem with his back, laying in the bed and can’t move around, Albert brother got a car accident and almost kill himself etc… and etc…but in the same time Albert and Kelli was on vacation on their vacation house and Albert was on face book posting all kind of posts.
  1. During that 5 years, my car was parked out side of his back yard. Unprotected from the sun. The dash board cracked many places, the exterior paint piled off several places, rusted everywhere especially the bottoms of the car. The interior smell rotten, door panels, seats, back seats, carpet etc…and so many dead insects that was inside of the car. We have to replaced all rubber brakes lines, all rubber gas lines, new gas tank, new 4 disk brakes, rebuilt all 4 brake calipers, replaced 4 tires, rebuilt carburetors (the carburetors were rebuilt when we shipped the car to them), work on the motor, the transmission and pretty much all mechanical parts that need to repair or replace and not include the interior and the exterior of the car. They pretty much destroyed my car !!!
  2. They have a very nice pictures of the shop on their website but the address that listed is the address of their house. The shop is in their garage and the car was parked outside of their back yard unprotected from the sun and I am sure there are other cars we’re parked there as well.
  3. What do you call these kind of people? Liar and liar and took my money and don’t do their job and also destroyed my car. I wonder how can they sleep at night or even enjoy their vacation when they did that to me and I am sure I am not the only one that they **** with !!!!!

Old 09-27-2023, 04:56 AM
zeusrotty
Pro

Originally Posted by CLDG
Beware of Albert Broadfoot and Kelli Crawford Broadfoot !!!! Below is what they did to me .

I communicated with Kelli Crawford Broadfoot in july of 2018 who is the wife of Albert Broadfoot who is the owner of Autosport of Florida (12655 Mt Pleasant Rd. Jacksonville, FL 32225) so I can ship my 1968 911S porsche to them to remove a running 3.0 fuel injected engine with its transmission that was in the car and then rebuilt the original engine and put it back with its transmission to the car. I paid half of the money to them after I shipped the car to them in 2018.
  1. Albert removed the 3.0 engine and its transmission at no time and sold them to someone else and never give me that money.
  2. Finally, 5 years later, I have to get the car ship back to me in June of 2023 in not running condition because the motor and the transmission was not installed in the car and not operated.
During that 5 years, 95% of the time, they don’t response to my emails or text messages to let me know the status of my car. They told me so many excuses and liars why it took so long to rebuilt the motor and to put it back in the car because Albert got Covid, Albert got Covid again, Albert having problem with his back, laying in the bed and can’t move around, Albert brother got a car accident and almost kill himself etc… and etc…but in the same time Albert and Kelli was on vacation on their vacation house and Albert was on face book posting all kind of posts.
  1. During that 5 years, my car was parked out side of his back yard. Unprotected from the sun. The dash board cracked many places, the exterior paint piled off several places, rusted everywhere especially the bottoms of the car. The interior smell rotten, door panels, seats, back seats, carpet etc…and so many dead insects that was inside of the car. We have to replaced all rubber brakes lines, all rubber gas lines, new gas tank, new 4 disk brakes, rebuilt all 4 brake calipers, replaced 4 tires, rebuilt carburetors (the carburetors were rebuilt when we shipped the car to them), work on the motor, the transmission and pretty much all mechanical parts that need to repair or replace and not include the interior and the exterior of the car. They pretty much destroyed my car !!!
  2. They have a very nice pictures of the shop on their website but the address that listed is the address of their house. The shop is in their garage and the car was parked outside of their back yard unprotected from the sun and I am sure there are other cars we’re parked there as well.
  3. What do you call these kind of people? Liar and liar and took my money and don’t do their job and also destroyed my car. I wonder how can they sleep at night or even enjoy their vacation when they did that to me and I am sure I am not the only one that they **** with !!!!!
hire an attorney and sue them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Broadfoot racing