Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Horrible experience with Broadfoot racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 10:45 AM
gpr8er
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JBrown
Looking at the brake down there is a washer that was missing some one told me it was Teflon .. I ordered one along with seal forget that part number .. Maybe it's like Teflon ... But it's missing lol
There's a toothed sleeve that drives the oil pump and also is the sealing surface for the spring seal. There's also an oring in front of the sleeve. Get all 3. You must torque this properly.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:12 PM
exp951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alxdgr8
For some reason the folks on the Facebook 951 page are still mostly backing Broadfoot blindly due to their presence on there. It reminds me why I left that group...not sure why I rejoined.
It's very simple, broadfoot is the owner of the FB Porsche 944 parts group with over 3700 members, if you say something on Rennlist about his company, he will ban you from the parts group forum, so I say people are supporting him out of fear of being banned.

Btw, he is a crooked bastard so it's SFR as he is one of the guys supporting him, both are banned on rennlist for scamming other people. We all know this for years so I don't wth Devon was thinking, so many warning signs.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by exp951
It's very simple, broadfoot is the owner of the FB Porsche 944 parts group with over 3700 members, if you say something on Rennlist about his company, he will ban you from the parts group forum, so I say people are supporting him out of fear of being banned.

Btw, he is a crooked bastard so it's SFR as he is one of the guys supporting him, both are banned on rennlist for scamming other people. We all know this for years so I don't wth Devon was thinking, so many warning signs.
"SFR"?
Old 06-17-2016, 02:39 PM
exp951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan87951
"SFR"?
Tim's Speed Force Racing
Old 06-17-2016, 02:46 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Tim at Speed Force Racing scamming people? That's a first! When I was heavy into 944's he was the most honest and easiest vendor to deal with. The quality of his welds are pure art work! I have spent thousands with Tim along with a few of my friends back in the day. Unless something has changed recently I'm way out of the loop. Please elaborate on your dealings via a PM. I would like to know more.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:55 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Tim at Speed Force Racing scamming people? That's a first! When I was heavy into 944's he was the most honest and easiest vendor to deal with. The quality of his welds are pure art work! I have spent thousands with Tim along with a few of my friends back in the day. Unless something has changed recently I'm way out of the loop. Please elaborate on your dealings via a PM. I would like to know more.
it took me over a year to get a turbo, downpipe and intake from tim. He finally came through on the turbo and intake, but the downpipe i ended up having to have one custom fabed locally.

scammed? no. dissatisfied with the length of time and communication during the process, absolutely.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by dizzyj
it took me over a year to get a turbo, downpipe and intake from tim. He finally came through on the turbo and intake, but the downpipe i ended up having to have one custom fabed locally.

scammed? no. dissatisfied with the length of time and communication during the process, absolutely.
How long ago was this? All my purchases were almost 10 years ago. Since most of the stuff I ordered was built to order it did take a few weeks to as long as a month to get, but he always kept me informed when I asked. This sure doesn't sound like the Tim I know.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:12 PM
e34nication
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

That's frustrating... I just bought an intercooler and hard pipes from him and they arrived within a week... however, I did confirm they were in stock prior to ordering/paying.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:17 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

How long ago was this? All my purchases were almost 10 years ago. Since most of the stuff I ordered was built to order it did take a few weeks to as long as a month to get, but he always kept me informed when I asked. This sure doesn't sound like the Tim I know.
Initial purchase was march (maybe it was may) of 2015. in Feb of this year, I took my car to a buddy after the 2nd dowpipe would not fit.

we spent ~4 months trying to get a precision turbo. No idea why it could not be done. I called precision and they said they were on the shelf. We switched to a garrett in october since that was all in stock and would be sent out in days. received in Christmas. downpipe didnt fit, got a new downpipe in feb (also didnt fit). At that point I cut my losses, but still got the intake in march.

again, I got most everything I paid for. only thing was a 3" downpipe. I had to have that custom made. Tim wanted me to ship the turbo/mount back to him, but I was not going to loose what I had in hand.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Initial purchase was march (maybe it was may) of 2015. in Feb of this year, I took my car to a buddy after the 2nd dowpipe would not fit.

we spent ~4 months trying to get a precision turbo. No idea why it could not be done. I called precision and they said they were on the shelf. We switched to a garrett in october since that was all in stock and would be sent out in days. received in Christmas. downpipe didnt fit, got a new downpipe in feb (also didnt fit). At that point I cut my losses, but still got the intake in march.

again, I got most everything I paid for. only thing was a 3" downpipe. I had to have that custom made. Tim wanted me to ship the turbo/mount back to him, but I was not going to loose what I had in hand.
Interesting... I know there are two sides to every story, but that seems odd seeing he has made hundreds of those downpipes. Back in the day I orchestrated a group buy on them and everyone was happy. We even did a group buy on his cat back exhaust and had no fitment issues. I might have to shoot him a call and catchup.

Since you kept the downpipe do you mind posting some pictures? I sure would like to see what it looks like.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:26 AM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Interesting... I know there are two sides to every story, but that seems odd seeing he has made hundreds of those downpipes. Back in the day I orchestrated a group buy on them and everyone was happy. We even did a group buy on his cat back exhaust and had no fitment issues. I might have to shoot him a call and catchup.

Since you kept the downpipe do you mind posting some pictures? I sure would like to see what it looks like.
There are. And Tim had a good bit of life happen thought the year including having a kid.

As far as the downpipe goes: my turbo is a gtx3582r with a t4 flange. The first downpipe was for the precision turbo. Standard 951 fitting, but that doesn't work with a Garett. The second did not take into consideration that Tim had to modify the hotside housing to shorten the v band output. Once he realized that he asked for the turbo and mount back since it was a 1 off and had to make it custom.

I do think Tim would have made it right, I was just out of patience at that point.

I do think he does very quality stuff and will stand behind it. Just don't be in any sort of hurry. I'm tempted to buy an intercooler, but I want it to be in stock first
Old 06-20-2016, 06:15 PM
George D
Drifting

You can easily download the current tuning BIN file using the archaic necessary serial cable. The required serial cable is model specific. Would prefer a simple up to date data cable interface. Link to their site showing what you'd need. Trust me - most off the shelf serial cables DON'T work - think it's from needed serial cable's data transfer speed requirements.

http://electromotive.com/our-product...-serial-cable/

G

Originally Posted by JBrown
I really don't like writing bad reviews but after all the crap this company put my son through . We do not track the car or race it at all.
So 1 1/2 yrs ago my son through the internet finds this company to build him a motor for his 944Turbo. We had another company first build a motor and because of contaminates in the intake manifold from porting , scored up the pistons and damaged the block. Lindsey racing stood behind us and came to a fair settlement with the porting company . Lindsey racing is a stand up company. We know it is from contaminates from the intake manifold because we sent out the pistons and oil to verify and not me but professionals in the field confirmed that was the cause.
So now my son finds this company Broadfoot racing and whatever other names they go under. I have dealt with a number of engine building companies( I have a 911 turbo , full EFI conversion) like TurboKraft, Supertec performance as well as other extremely high-end , credible companies in the past and have always had good experiences.
After 6 months or so my son decides to check in and see how everything is going. No call back nothing, so after a while I decide to give a call to see how things are going. No call back nothing. I find out that they really don't use a phone to communicate, they text ( like a bunch of teenage girls).
I would like to let you know that the total investment was $20,000 , yes $20,000 . When someone spends that kind of money you don't talk to this person through text. When they wanted more money they would text my son and say. I need more money or I will not work on your car.
Really is that the way you do it. So more time goes by and more money more things bad etc... We ask when is the motor going to be ready. Days later by text. It will be done when it is done. That's the answer we get.
So I try to call to talk to him. Not happening, nobody answers the phone and no call back. By the way me and my wife run a car audio , performance store and find it strange no one answers or calls back.
So after more time goes by my wife decides to call, We figure hay his wife runs the front maybe we would get somewhere if a women called and talked. Well that did'nt go well. She actually answered the phone and when she found out who it was, she hang's up on my wife.
The next thing we no they are going on facebook and degrading my family, saying on no who is going to call now his grandfather, and rich mamas boy, The funny thing is at the time he was 23 and is a union machine operator and all the money was his own. Not a penny was given to him by anyone. Still they continue to bad mouth and make jokes about the whole issue and my family. Really I say to my self , Am I missing something, all we wanted was communication. After all we are spending 20,000 dollars on this we deserve more than a text . 1 yr goes by and the car supposedly is in the final stages. So the car goes to the dyno and just hits 400HP or a little more, I cant remember the exact number. So my is a little disappointed, since the motor was suppose to be close to 500HP. So they call my son a little brat on facebook because of his disappointment.
So the car gets shipped back to us. The day is shows up my son is pumped to get the car. Mine you the original agreement was for a fully tuned turn key all set up car.
The car barely starts and is pissing oil everywhere. Really!!!!! this is the way you send out a high dollar motor build. So he has to spend $700. to ship it back. When he gets it he says, by text again, still no phone call, It will take me 2 weeks to fix it. The issues was bad tec system ( computer for the car), brand new turbo was bad, and issue with injectors. You did not no this before you sent it out. So after 6 months supposedly it is all ready.
Before the delivery we decide to let another shop that came highly recommended to check the car out before we take delivery for a number of reasons. 1. We were told they were making in house bets on how long the motor would last. I was told they were saying like 2 weeks. 2. They way it was delivered the first time we did not trust them. As well as other reasons. The car shows up at the other shop to do oil sample, compression and leak down test. They opened up the oil filter and found metal parts that should not have been in there. Not only did they say that is not good but Lindsey Racing also looked at it and said that is not good.
leak down numbers were 7% across the board. Not bad but I would thing a brand new motor would be in the 2-3% range. The compression was 140 on three cylinders and 120 on one. Not really what you want to see on a new motor. We are hoping the low cylinder will come to life.
The good news is the metal was from the oil cooler. It was never cleaned out from the disaster of the first motor. Well good job Broadfoot racing on cleaning the oil cooler. Just leave all the junk in there so the motor blows up. We had the motor and cooler flushed. So after they fix other little things they see wrong it is ready to ship to us. $1600 later.
So now the car shows up to us. It starts, runs fairly good. It is lean in
some areas so it needs some minor tuning adjustments. The problem is they never sent us the bin file to load in a computer to make changes. Do you thing they answered the phone when we called to get that. lol.... So now we probably have to send the electromotive computer out to get the bin file from it. It also has a leak at the bottom of the turbo that drips on to the exhaust and smells and smokes pretty good. Good job Broadfoot racing, really a bunch of professionals.
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. They have been banned from a number of porsche sites because of issues, They have unsatisfied BBB complains and do a search on this company and you will see I am not the only one who has had problems. Everyone says they will take your money but never call you back. Other people have complained about parts that were suppose to be shipped and never received them and wait 6 months with no call to get there money back. You should be ashamed of how you handled this issue. Oh and by the way I have documentation to back up all I have said here. He has threatens most people with slander suits if they say anything bad about his company. PLEASE sue me for slander, I have everything I need to back up my statements.
By the way don't take my word for it. Do a search on this company, look them up on the BBB. I am stating fact not fiction.......
Old 06-21-2016, 10:57 PM
JacRyann
Racer

Heh, heh... serial-cable brings me back to the '70s, remember DCE & DTE? There's only two ways to connect a 3-wire serial cable. Not sure how they have it wired, but if it needs a crossover cable instead of straight-through, not that tough to swap two pins.

Then again, you also have to be aware of baud-rates, data, stop, start & parity bits. It's all in the manual. You can make your own cable with Radio Shack parts for $1.62. Best to have laptop with actual serial-port. Those USB-to-serial converters don't work very well, especially on modern OS that hides the hardware. Best to have an older system with serial-port and WinXP dedicated to running the wideband and tuning.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:33 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

There is always Motec
Old 06-23-2016, 02:54 AM
George D
Drifting

Hey JacRyann,

Thanks for the tutelage - got some 8 - track collectibles? All windows applications work - sharing succinct data to help someone with an obvious error towards how Electromotive EMS data log's can be easily downloaded.

Thanks for your RS ($1.62) round up - 2 buck chuck deliverable towards the OP.

G

Originally Posted by JacRyann
Heh, heh... serial-cable brings me back to the '70s, remember DCE & DTE? There's only two ways to connect a 3-wire serial cable. Not sure how they have it wired, but if it needs a crossover cable instead of straight-through, not that tough to swap two pins.

Then again, you also have to be aware of baud-rates, data, stop, start & parity bits. It's all in the manual. You can make your own cable with Radio Shack parts for $1.62. Best to have laptop with actual serial-port. Those USB-to-serial converters don't work very well, especially on modern OS that hides the hardware. Best to have an older system with serial-port and WinXP dedicated to running the wideband and tuning.

Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Broadfoot racing