Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Horrible experience with Broadfoot racing

Old 06-08-2016, 11:04 AM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by raleighBahn
Sounds awful and sorry to hear. How did you guys come across them initially (recommendation, etc)? I've seen these sorts of reviews for years on RL - looks like buyer beware and hopefully your review saves someone else some grief.
If you just used the 944 Turbo Facebook group it's possible you wouldn't know the full history on a vendor. I've noticed the Facebook car groups are like the early wild west days of Internet forums before the posters built up a shared history of which vendors are good and which bad.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:22 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 323 Posts

Sorry to hear but gotta say, not surprised. All of us long timers here know about Broadfoot and tried to warn you...
Old 06-08-2016, 11:24 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
Sorry to hear but gotta say, not surprised. All of us long timers here know about Broadfoot and tried to warn you...
A freaking night mare man I can't make this sh**t up if I wanted it is insane !!
Old 06-08-2016, 11:57 AM
951blur
Advanced

My experience with them is they are very slow.
I ordered my Turbo, mount and all of the hoses and accessories to fit a GTX turbo to our cars and it took him 4 months to get that to me. So Parts wise I think they are a good, but I would never hire them to build an engine for me.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:21 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is hard to believe these people stay in business. They are not good people. I have my own tale of Broadfoot dealings.

Lawsuits suck as do small claims matters because winning and collecting are two different things. If they slander you in a public forum you may have an action there or a strong threat of action which may benefit you. A letter from an attorney (local/Jacksonville) may be of value.

Get your stuff and get out, it's a ton of money and unfortunately an expensive lesson.

I am very big on asking for referrals these days. I stick with a few close friends for mechanical work and race set up. Lindsey & Lart have been a couple of the standouts for parts.

Good luck to you. Man I hate hearing so many bad stories about these jerks.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:00 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 323 Posts

951Blur, it took 4 months to get your parts and you think that's "good"? That's bad, parts should be to you within the week if they're in stock...
Old 06-08-2016, 02:25 PM
951blur
Advanced

951Blur, it took 4 months to get your parts and you think that's "good"? That's bad, parts should be to you within the week if they're in stock...
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Like I said they were extremely slow. But in their defense the parts are second to none. The billet Mount they made me and the braided stainless hoses are first rate.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:28 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

4 months for delivery is an insane amount of time. no customer should have to wait that long, unless they've been told something is backordered and then it should be drop shipped. i probably would have canceled the order and gone with another vendor.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:49 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Sounds just like them they always have some lame excuse .. I've gotten so many excuses blames it on everything but him
Old 06-08-2016, 04:39 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Ditto
Old 06-08-2016, 06:52 PM
PorscheFanatic202
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

It only took two weeks to get a turbo down pipe fabricated and shipped to me. Sorry you had such a bad experience.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:04 AM
Naplesguy06
Racer

Default Sorry

I know this situation from following the posts on FB and it's sad to hear this as the conclusion. I have purchased parts from Albert and he has delivered on time.I am not at all negating your sons experience and I believe your narrative to be true but Albert takes time because he is a craftsman,tuning may not be his forte but building 944 motors is. How many other people can we go to with 30 years of daily 944 experience.? I have over 10k in performance parts ready to go into my 86 951 and was planning on sending it outbthis year,just not ready to pull the trigger and stories like this make me hold off even more. Who has a perfect reputation these days? Ile give them my business,seems like it's all a gamble with these sometimes. At least now it's behind you and you can enjoy your new addition to the family,congratulations.Good luck.God bless.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:41 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Naplesguy06
I know this situation from following the posts on FB and it's sad to hear this as the conclusion. I have purchased parts from Albert and he has delivered on time.I am not at all negating your sons experience and I believe your narrative to be true but Albert takes time because he is a craftsman,tuning may not be his forte but building 944 motors is. How many other people can we go to with 30 years of daily 944 experience.? I have over 10k in performance parts ready to go into my 86 951 and was planning on sending it outbthis year,just not ready to pull the trigger and stories like this make me hold off even more. Who has a perfect reputation these days? Ile give them my business,seems like it's all a gamble with these sometimes. At least now it's behind you and you can enjoy your new addition to the family,congratulations.Good luck.God bless.
It's not the fact it took just about 2 years well even tho that is crazy .... It's way they talked to me very disrespectfully, and ignored me . Who disrespects a customer a current customer while you actually have their vehicle. Won't pick up my phone calls you actually blocked me on Facebook and I have over $20,000 I sent to you and you wouldn't only take a wire transfer .. It honestly blew my mind the way he spoke to me. I would also get many messages from other people show me screenshots of him saying A ton of nasty things about me. He would post updates on Facebook about my car trying to show off his work but yet will not contact the customer to let him know these things because he blocked me.. I also have a saved voicemail of his wife cursing me out... Anyways There are so many other details I probably left out due to this long period of dealing with them, I have been wanting to write a review for sometime now I also could not say anything due to they had my car and who knows what they would've done if I started talking... He had me by the ***** had my money and my car I really wish I could've wrote a review like this - communication is horrible and he is very disrespectful but the guy builds an awesome motor.. just wanted to share my story so other people do not have to go through this.. But yes my new addition was actually born on my birthday how awesome was that!!!
Old 06-09-2016, 07:48 AM
jimlam56
Advanced

I recently had Albert Broadfoot go through my 1986 951 from front to back. I wasn't in a hurry as this is a play car for me, so time wasn't an issue. I was very happy with the communication and quality of workmanship. Texting is a way of life nowadays, and I have no issue with a vendor using it to keep me up to date on my project.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:50 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Damn I get back on and this is what I see. I'm surprised this guy is not in jail.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Broadfoot racing