Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Battery Cable Grommet Source?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 05:27 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Well sadly it's not for ( actually that is probably a good thing)
But anyway I just want to reiterate what has been said on this board time and time again. Nobody and I mean nobody beats Lart
Short story sent him message about 48 hours ago requesting a part for Tom's car. Apart mind you that is not easy to access no let's find in good condition. Luis comes through again!!!!
I wish you could find me my parts this fast LOL
Thanks Luis
Regards
Ed

Last edited by Crazy Eddie; 03-18-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:50 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

You're the Man Lart -- thank you so much! I know it's a huge pain to get those things out. Really appreciate it. Let me know what I owe you!
Old 03-18-2016, 06:02 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
You're the Man Lart -- thank you so much! I know it's a huge pain to get those things out. Really appreciate it. Let me know what I owe you!
This is what I humbly do for my community Iam not expecting money in exchange, but I wouldn't mind a little note on pano.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
This is what I humbly do for my community Iam not expecting money in exchange, but I wouldn't mind a little note on pano.
Thanks! I just sent you $20 to cover postage and the effort to yank it out of a car. I know first hand that they aren't particularly easy to get out...
Old 03-18-2016, 11:04 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

ROTFLMAO
You want Tom to be a shill for Pano
Old 03-20-2016, 02:23 AM
KVDR
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
I looked at Ninjaflex after you suggested printing my own, but was a little put off by the temp rating. That grommet will be exposed to the header side of the engine compartment, so imagine the temp will exceed its specs. Do you think it would really survive in that location? How hard is it to print with (jams, pulling off build plate, etc.?)
Tom, the Ninjaflex is rated for 60°C (140°F) continuous, but I've boiled it in water (100°C, 212°F) without affecting it. 60°C is probably a good limit if it's a stressed part, but I would expect elevated temperatures for grommets and the like *should* be fine.

It doesn't seem to melt until about 180°C (356°F), and is printed at 225°C (437°F). I'm not sure what an upper limit is - I guess I should do some testing on a hot plate.

I think it would survive in that location, but I would be inspecting it often for the first few months. Obviously failure means battery cables rubbing against the firewall.

I have the special 'flexystruder' print head to use this material. I've never had it jam, and it prints BEAUTIFULLY. It does stick EXTREMELY well to the PEI heated bed, so I follow the recommendation of using glue-stick on the bed beforehand to limit the adhesion - works well.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:02 AM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lart to the rescue - my favorite "go to" 951 parts expert.

Front side

Quick Reply: Battery Cable Grommet Source?