Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Air oil separator vent hose hardline

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 12:00 AM
mr944
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air oil separator vent hose hardline

I was installing the Lindsey racing silicone turbo vent hose and I noticed that the vent hose hardline was loose. Have no idea how to get in there to snug it up. Any ideas besides removing everything else in the way? Btw I still have the intake manifold off, and here's a pic of the hose that I'm trying to snug up.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Where is it loose? You can get to the top hose clamp easily with the intake off (or with patience with the intake still on) and you can get to the hex nut fitting from under the car. The union between the hose and hard pipe can't be tightened with regular hand tools, and tends to get loose as the rubber shrinks over the years, though I've never seen one leak from there even when pretty loose.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:39 AM
mr944
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Where is it loose? You can get to the top hose clamp easily with the intake off (or with patience with the intake still on) and you can get to the hex nut fitting from under the car. The union between the hose and hard pipe can't be tightened with regular hand tools, and tends to get loose as the rubber shrinks over the years, though I've never seen one leak from there even when pretty loose.
It's loose at the hex nut. Just guess I'll lift it up and give it a go.

Quick Reply: Air oil separator vent hose hardline