Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Here is a Story for all of you (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/917841-here-is-a-story-for-all-of-you.html)

JBrown 02-09-2016 08:20 PM

Here is a Story for all of you

Back in December I ship my car down south, got a call from the shop stating intercooler is damaged. Intercooler was not damaged before transport, I have photos of the damage I contacted the carrier they said they'll talk to the driver and get back to me. End result they're not owning up to it or anything. Please note this was in December now today I get a call from an insurance company stating my car was involved in an accident on December 20. I said that was impossible! On Dec19th the shipping company picked up my car... They email me the accident report The Vin number and everything is my 944 Turbo that was doing excess speeds and Rear ended A car .. Police report shows that the driver of the vehicle was the driver of the transportation truck. So the guy took my car off the trailer and went for a joyride but ended up crashing it.... Company does not admit fault or anything even though I have written proof I have already lawyered up and I'm going to take care of that issue just thought I would share this crazy story with you guys.... Eko transport out of Jacksonville Florida btw

xsboost90 02-09-2016 08:43 PM

wtf!! time to talk to counsel...

944Phil 02-09-2016 09:10 PM

WOW!!! That really sucks. I'm sure the company will end up paying for it but it's annoying that you'll ha e to fight for it.

Jay Wellwood 02-09-2016 09:41 PM

JFC...you just can't seem to catch a break....

JBrown 02-09-2016 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jay Wellwood
JFC...you just can't seem to catch a break....

Tell me about it !

JBrown 02-09-2016 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by 944Phil
WOW!!! That really sucks. I'm sure the company will end up paying for it but it's annoying that you'll ha e to fight for it.

It's only minor front and damage really just my intercooler I didn't have my front bumper on, anyways it's a shame companies will actually do this I have my lawyer on top of it so will all work out in my favor in the end

lart951 02-09-2016 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBrown (Post 13002767)
It's only minor front and damage really just my intercooler I didn't have my front bumper on, anyways it's a shame companies will actually do this I have my lawyer on top of it so will all work out in my favor in the end

I use montway Auto transport I have never had a single issue with them but they weren't as cheap as the company you chose remember

JBrown 02-09-2016 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by lart951
I use montway Auto transport I have never had a single issue with them but they weren't as cheap as the company you chose remember

The 1st time I sent it I did not have an issue with what ever company it was . I actually paid more the second time

fejjj 02-09-2016 10:44 PM

Well the guy that drove it probably stained his underwear pretty badly when the crash happened. I feel sorry for him.

JBrown 02-09-2016 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by fejjj
Well the guy that drove it probably stained his underwear pretty badly when the crash happened. I feel sorry for him.

The guy was actually the owner. He said he had no idea who the dmg on the front got there ... I don't feel bad at all . They lied to me and went for a joy ride with out my consent , if anything he asked for it . I am happy no one got hurt

Paulyy 02-09-2016 10:59 PM

Man you have some back luck. :(

Good luck on winning the case!! All in your favour.

PaulD_944S2 02-10-2016 01:25 AM

Outside of the damage to your car, consider yourself very fortunate that the "driver" did not injure or kill someone while he was using (abusing) your car.

You would be financially on the hook for his actions.

But at the same time, I would press the local authorities for car theft, possible hit and run, conversion, and other criminal and civil penalties depending on the authorities. You should also notify the agency issuing his driver's license for review and possible revocation.

And you now have a car that may have internal mechanical damage.

Go after him. He shouldn't' be allowed to drive a transport. Bet it's not the first time he's done this.

Voith 02-10-2016 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by PaulD_944S2 (Post 13003318)
I would press the local authorities for car theft, possible hit and run, conversion, and other criminal and civil penalties depending on the authorities. You should also notify the agency issuing his driver's license for review and possible revocation.

And you now have a car that may have internal mechanical damage.

This.

If the guy would play it honest and told you about the accident, offer to pay you the damage that would be one thing. But denying it and play the stupid card, I would go all-in.

gruhsy 02-10-2016 08:59 AM

WFT. I can't believe this. The guy needs to spend so time in jail for that one.

Sorry to hear.

JBrown 02-10-2016 09:03 AM

I called and they said they have any issues with the or anything, it must've been when the boost hit so hard it gave him memory loss 😂😂😂. I emailed them the police report and the other company involved hopefully this will be all straightened out soon, looks like when my car is finished I'll be driving her home from Florida