Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Hagerty - Dec 2015 951 Values

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 08:39 PM
Arezzo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ried
Gorgeous #2 condition vehicle. What's with the red "Cup" lettering on the dash trim, though?

Sold my '88 Turbo S less than a year ago for $27K. Buyer flipped it on BaT six months later for $34K. I miss it all the time. Hang onto yours!
I just had some fun restoring it to be like the 100 or so 88/89 Turbo S/Turbo that Porsche France sold as road cars to commemorate the European Porsche 951 Cup Series
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Arezzo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gorgeous #2 condition vehicle. What's with the red "Cup" lettering on the dash trim, though?

Sold my '88 Turbo S less than a year ago for $27K. Buyer flipped it on BaT six months later for $34K. I miss it all the time. Hang onto yours!
Reid,
Also,I remember that black car, I recall all you did and was mighty impressed. To many you are the guru of all that is "flussig" from that era. I learnt a lot from your posts here and elsewhere.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:36 AM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold my '88 Turbo S less than a year ago for $27K. Buyer flipped it on BaT six months later for $34K.
I went back to BaT and found your 88TS... I remember drooling over it back in April, fantastic car!
The flip would have p!ssed me off, but you actually helped the guy with the BaT auction, which was big of you.
Wish I could have bought it from you instead... you wouldn't have had to worry about any of that.

Originally Posted by Arezzo
I just had some fun restoring it to be like the 100 or so 88/89 Turbo S/Turbo that Porsche France sold as road cars to commemorate the European Porsche 951 Cup Series
Gorgeous car! Yellow tank and all.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:57 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by neunfünfeins
Matt...
I do you see your point(s). ... Taken to a hypothetical extreme: if some "investor" bought up 5,000 aircooled 930s and hid them away to "appreciate", you wouldn't have any problem with that?
I see your point as well, but this hypothetical is not what is happening. If it was happening, sure, that would be frustrating for the rest of us. But that's not happening. Of note, I had a chance (through the PCA) to visit one of the largest private Porsche collections in the world, just an incredible collection. The owner is not greedy, and he is not hoarding. He loves the brand, has a passion for the cars, and openly shares his collection with other enthusiasts in private tours. If I was in a financial position to do so, I'd probably have a similar collection! Not to drive prices up, but because I think it would be something I'd enjoy.

You object to me even implying how anyone should live their life, but you're okay with others manipulating how you get to enjoy yours?
Market forces, not others manipulating the supply, is what drives the demand/prices. My opinion, but I think it's a pretty solid one.

One of my faults I admit, I tend to speak sharply and in hyperboles when things frustrate me. My bad.
As far as my "collection"... it isn't much of one. It's just kind of happened over the years. Most are projects I'll probably never get to. So I was careful to use the word 'historic' and not 'collector' cars Hoarding stuff that not a lot of other people really desire... isn't really hoarding is it? Had nothing to do with investing. I guess that's how I can justify my hypocrisy.
Sure, I'd share a beer with you. There wouldn't be many awkward silences, that's for sure.
I didn't pick up a second 951 to manipulate any markets, I picked it up because after the second son popped out, it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Take care. Again, welcome to Rennlist. See ya around.

Matt
Old 09-15-2016, 01:05 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Arezzo
Gorgeous. I will be restoring my Cup car back to less of a track car and more like what you have. Still trying to find Clubsport wheels.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:17 AM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt O.
Take care. Again, welcome to Rennlist. See ya around.
Thanks Matt, you too.

Quick Reply: Hagerty - Dec 2015 951 Values