Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Snow Performance Meth Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 12:04 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Performance Meth Kit

These were on back order for a while. Mario, my Electromotive tuning expert is installing this week! The Electromotive software will control this kit when installed and tuned properly. The intake temps while on boost are lowered dramatically. Looking forward to having this additional margin of safety when running hard!
Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

You're going to like it! Even with E85, it just allows for more boost and timing without knock counts. Keep an eye on your oil cap. If you start seeing water in the cap, then you need to spray a less or increase ratio of meth to water. And make sure you have a fail safe if the injection fails for any reason...
Old 12-09-2015, 04:58 PM
obx_jk
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
You're going to like it! Even with E85, it just allows for more boost and timing without knock counts. Keep an eye on your oil cap. If you start seeing water in the cap, then you need to spray a less or increase ratio of meth to water. And make sure you have a fail safe if the injection fails for any reason...
Any pics of an installed setup? Other suggestions?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:04 PM
e34nication
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Very nice, meth is sneaking its way onto my "to-do" list. Will be checking this thread for updates!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:30 PM
George D
Drifting

Thanks Tom,

We've run 21 psi with 91 fuel with zero knock counts and 25psi on 100 octane pump with same results. Mario tunes 2500hp land speed (Bonneville) motors that run on pure Nitro Methane. He updated my Electromotive to their newest software without the typical necessity of sending it to them for the update.

The TEC - Electromotive will be running the kit - it's part of the capability of the software. Mario runs these on his personal race engines. All the failsafe mandates currently on my engine will also work with this kit.

We're meeting at 5pm tonight to go over the install then he's starting tomorrow.

George
Old 12-09-2015, 08:44 PM
fiily
Pro

Sub'd to this thread. Very interested and staying tuned to updates and results.

Post pics and results when you can, been looking @ meth injection for over a year now.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Have you seen the blue Phoenix ignition? I'm going the same route as you but using only ionized water and this piggy back ignition system.

Last edited by Humboldtgrin; 12-11-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:25 AM
George D
Drifting

Is this a joke? Blue Phoenix Plasma Ignition?

The OP's intent is to share experience with a top tier Meth Injection manufacturer tuned from a top tier EMS - Engine Management System - don't care if it's Haltech, Motec, AEM, Electromotive, Rogue, Vitesse, etc. and my personal experiences with these cars and my particular kit - tune - etc.

Either state: OT - or start a new topic sharing: Blue Phoenix Plasma Ignition videos.

Comparing my route as same isn't congruent, and has no part within the OP's intent shared.

Kindest Regards,

G
Old 12-10-2015, 09:12 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George D
These were on back order for a while. Mario, my Electromotive tuning expert is installing this week! The Electromotive software will control this kit when installed and tuned properly. The intake temps while on boost are lowered dramatically. Looking forward to having this additional margin of safety when running hard!
I will be doing the same kit also with electromotive system .... Currently have the snow kit in my dads 930 with electromotive
Old 12-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Arahant
Advanced

Very nice, keep us posted on your results. I'm just starting to look for some additional upgrades and I'v always wanted to try Meth Injection's.

Do you currently have an upgraded intercooler or stock setup? Are you planning on increase the boost with this kit or is this more for safety/longevity?

I checked out snow performance website, I might buy one of these kits after doing some more research if its as good as the website says. I'm wondering if I should also get an intercooler upgrade aswell or if its not so important if I got meth injection... wondering if it is sort of a one or the other sort of thing for moderate/high power levels(450hp and below).

Thanks and goodluck!
Old 12-10-2015, 02:30 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Yes keep us posted
Old 12-10-2015, 05:40 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by Arahant
Very nice, keep us posted on your results. I'm just starting to look for some additional upgrades and I'v always wanted to try Meth Injection's.

Do you currently have an upgraded intercooler or stock setup? Are you planning on increase the boost with this kit or is this more for safety/longevity?

I checked out snow performance website, I might buy one of these kits after doing some more research if its as good as the website says. I'm wondering if I should also get an intercooler upgrade aswell or if its not so important if I got meth injection... wondering if it is sort of a one or the other sort of thing for moderate/high power levels(450hp and below).

Thanks and goodluck!
A tad upgraded: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I...ntercooler.jpg

Couldn't upload from Manage Attachments - likely the server is updating.

The meth kit/programming is to allow similar boost levels when using 100 octane. At 25psi on the dyno the wheels are measuring just over 545 whp and 555wt. That's with no knock counts and plenty of power. Filling the tank a few times with 100 at $8.99 a gallon - easily pays for the meth kit. Mario's one of the finest tuners I've met to date, and he has Electromotive on his E30 M3 and other BMW's he races using these meth kits. His primary reason for meth in high compression or boosted engines is for additional safety. Some of us are running at the edge of detonation, many without safeguards. My motor cost a few bucks - and will likely last a long time with proper tuning, cooler intake temps, and the EMS knowing when to shut down when something isn't within a narrow parameter within A/F ratios, knock, injector issue, etc.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:03 PM
George D
Drifting

Photo of the front of my car with vertical intercooler with heat emitting coating.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-b...2/Greer951.JPG

G
Old 12-11-2015, 03:48 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
Is this a joke? Blue Phoenix Plasma Ignition?

The OP's intent is to share experience with a top tier Meth Injection manufacturer tuned from a top tier EMS - Engine Management System - don't care if it's Haltech, Motec, AEM, Electromotive, Rogue, Vitesse, etc. and my personal experiences with these cars and my particular kit - tune - etc.

Either state: OT - or start a new topic sharing: Blue Phoenix Plasma Ignition videos.

Comparing my route as same isn't congruent, and has no part within the OP's intent shared.

Kindest Regards,

G
Sorry, it won't happen again. Hope your setup works well for you.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:36 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Once I get my meth kit installed I would like to have your guy tune my 951 with the electromotive system it's tuned now at 20 psi only making 405 on a 3.0l hopfully with the meth kit I can run the same boost and get some more lower ! There are no e85 stations by me so meth would be my best bet I would like it to kick it at a certain boost !

Quick Reply: Snow Performance Meth Kit