Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Winter project - full leather interior @ Classic9

Old 11-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 243 Posts
Default Winter project - full leather interior @ Classic9

I've had my 951 for 10 years now and have completed just about every modification or update that I have wanted to get it to its current state. The car looks perfect (IMO), drives superbly, is as fast as I need, feels incredible on the road and sounds glorious. I really can't ever see selling it because I enjoy it so much.

The one thing that I've been kicking around for a couple of years is to have Bob and his crew at Classic 9 Leathershop throw a few hides of leather over the interior. I also have a 993tt with the factory full leather interior, which (again, IMO) just elevates the whole experience while driving it. We also ordered our 2015 BMW X5 with the extended leather option and love it.

My 951's interior is in really nice condition and it came with the M983 option - full leather front and rear seats - color code 'LR' on the sticker. I just feel that now I have the cars exterior & mechanicals to where I want them, the interior should be as special to me - so yesterday the car was dropped off at Bob's shop for a winter interior make over. I'm sticking with the current color combination of beige & black and not touching the seats as they are in such nice condition as mentioned. Here's a list of what will be done:

Dash - black leather upper with French seam around the binnacle / beige lower dash & glove box door. I purchased a non airbag dash to use as a core as I prefer the look and saw no benefit in using my perfect dash.

Center console & arm rest in beige with French seams.

A-pillars in black leather

Door panels - black tops with French seam along the edge. Beige panels with diagonal 968 padded stitching.

Door handles in beige with French seams.

Door openers in beige Leather

Door pocket edges in beige leather

Rear side panels in black leather with French seams (10 speaker option panels)

B - pillars in black leather.

Here are a couple of pictures of the interior as it sits now. I'll try to visit C9 and take progress pictures as time allows over the winter:

Name:  IMG_1974_zps3d07713b.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  2.43 MB
Name:  DSC02298.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  1.66 MB
Name:  NIleGreen6.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  4.14 MB
Name:  IMG_4976.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  1.45 MB
Old 11-17-2015, 06:54 PM
Northern_aqs
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Beautiful car and kudos for bringing it to such a high level. If you decide to part with the original air bag dash, please keep me in mind.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:17 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh yea I can totally see how that car needs a new interior. Gees the old one was so...um...older... Yep totally! Although I thought those were completion photos. But whatever...
I bet the fact that those seats are only four way and not eight way drive your OCD a bit. Just throwing that out there to think about now. Not that it should bug you but you know that can be upgraded too...
Old 11-18-2015, 05:11 AM
AlphaOmegaPower
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those rims are killing me. I need a set. 17's?
Old 11-18-2015, 11:08 AM
chadcorn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, your car is pretty much perfect. Well done. As said above, where could I find those wheels? They're stunning.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Northern_aqs
Beautiful car and kudos for bringing it to such a high level. If you decide to part with the original air bag dash, please keep me in mind.
Thanks! I will likely sell the dash, though someone has already showed interest so I will let you know if they pass.

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
Oh yea I can totally see how that car needs a new interior. Gees the old one was so...um...older...
This car hasn't 'needed' anything since I purchased it.

Originally Posted by AlphaOmegaPower
Those rims are killing me. I need a set. 17's?
Originally Posted by chadcorn
Wow, your car is pretty much perfect. Well done. As said above, where could I find those wheels? They're stunning.
The wheels are Ruf modular - I've only seen a few sets ever come up for sale, but they are out there... I had the lips polished a while ago. The are 8.5x18 & 11x18 and fit perfectly.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Jherriott
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This car sets the standard for me.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:08 PM
aglaes
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your car is one of the most beautiful 951's I've ever seen. Absolutely love those wheels - got to find a set. What is the offset on those, if you know?

I copied pics of your car from the "show your 951 pics here" thread shortly after I bought mine. It is inspiring.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:39 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 98 Posts

Very nice!
Looking forward to the after shots.

A center tray would look sweet.
Doubles as an arm rest...
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:15 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jherriott
This car sets the standard for me.
Originally Posted by aglaes
Your car is one of the most beautiful 951's I've ever seen. Absolutely love those wheels - got to find a set. What is the offset on those, if you know?

I copied pics of your car from the "show your 951 pics here" thread shortly after I bought mine. It is inspiring.
Very much appreciated gents. This car has been a true labor of love for me. Growing up in the 80's the 951 was up there with the true 'supercars' that I coveted and finding one in a rare color / condition was the result of a 3 year nationwide search that ironically ended 30 miles from my house. The modifications were all inspired by other cars in this section of Rennlist and executed solely by fellow Rennlister Eniac - now operating as Autocore Performance. He has the most complete knowledge of the 944 variants you could hope for along with the ability and true care to execute at the highest level.

The Ruf's offsets are ET50 front and ET60 rear.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I should stop to read stories of your car. Every time i read about it, i just wanted to change my Satin Black Metallic to Nile Green
Your interior looks great as does the rest of the car. Absolutely one of my favourite 951's on Rennlist. Great looking 951.
I have the same interior color combination as your car has. I managed to find a perfect beige leather sport seats. Original ones were normal but leather. Rear and sides were leatherette though. Luckily my sports are full leather. It took me several years to find a full leather beige rear seat with divided back rest. Now i am waiting from Lart a 10 speaker door panels to match other perfect interior. My cars dash had two small cracks, but i traded a non air bag dash i had in my store to a perfect 968 air bag dash with my friend. Friend is converting his 968 to CS style with factory turbo hood, spoilers etc. 968 dash is full black, but i am going to take beige part from my old dash and install it to 968 dash.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:20 PM
H.F.B.
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger

I'd like to know the source of your door sills. I've been looking for a pair like these for a long time. WTB
Old 11-21-2015, 10:24 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

There were some made several years ago on Pelican forums.

Similar ones are on the UK eBay site. Seller is Prestige Parts. Website has not direct link to the items though.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by H.F.B.
I'd like to know the source of your door sills. I've been looking for a pair like these for a long time. WTB
This set was made by Harvey Peck in the UK & I don't believe he's making stainless sills any longer. I purchased a few sets of sills from him & he told me that this set was a 'one off test set' that he never ended up making any more of. Not sure if that really is the case or not, but I've never seen another set.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:45 PM
H.F.B.
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

@ Jay Wellwood and Nurburger

Thanks for your keywords!!
My christmas present is safe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Winter project - full leather interior @ Classic9