Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rogue ECU Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 06:02 PM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rogue ECU Install

Since the last Rogue ECU thread got way off track and closed out, I'll start a new one here. I received my Rogue ECU a little over a week ago and just did the install. There was at least one noteworthy issue, so I thought I'd post it up here.

Background: I have the Vitesse Racing MAF system. Vitesse has a "chip on a board" concept to enhance the configurability of the chip, allowing for numerous images, externally selectable. As a result, it does not have the same form factor as the factory chip. It fits with no problems on the factory DME, but on the Rogue ECU it requires an extra spacer (still works just fine).

Functionally, the Rogue ECU works the same as the DME, but obviously offers some benefits over the DME. The main benefit for me was having newer, more reliable technology, and injector drivers that were appropriate for my updated injectors (from Vitesse) without requiring resistors in-line. Operationally, I have noticed a small difference. On the factory DME, I was running at FQS position 1 to add fuel, because it would run a bit lean at times. I started out with FQS 0 on the Roque ECU and it's not running lean at all. If anything, when I'm off boost I see more AFR's (from my WB O2) in the high 12 and 13 range more often than I did with the stock DME. It will reach 14.6/14.7 at cruise, but with any acceleration at all the AFR drops on the Rogue ECU at FQS 0 much more than it did with the stock DME at FQS 1.

Enough talk, here are some pics:

Stock DME (left) removed and placed next to the new Rogue ECU.

DME and ECU cases opened.

Upper board of the DME folded out of the way to reveal the Vitesse chipboard installed on the underside of the top board.

Vitesse chipboard removed. Bottom shown.

Vitesse chipboard removed. Top shown.

Vitesse chipboard installed onto the Rogue ECU, but there's a problem.

On the Rogue ECU, the adjacent chip sticks up higher from the circuit board.

After consulting with Rogue and Vitesse, a 28-pin socket is ordered to be used as a spacer.

One of the sockets attached to the Vitesse chipboard.

The Vitesse chipboard installed onto the Rogue ECU with one 28-pin socket as a spacer.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:58 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow the rouge ecu just looks worlds better then the factory unit
Old 10-26-2015, 11:06 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

GREAT write up. Thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: Rogue ECU Install