Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A-Tune installation problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 04:00 PM
smaardyk
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A-Tune installation problem

I installed the A-Tune kit on a 1988 Turbo S but the voltages are not correct and the car won't start. I checked the wiring numerous times to be certain I had wired the MAP sensor correctly. I also peel part of the label from the chip to find the orientation dimple to align with the notch on the socket to be sure the chip was plugged in correctly. Any thoughts, suggestions, or ???
Old 10-26-2015, 05:20 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have the daughterboard?
Old 10-26-2015, 05:54 PM
smaardyk
Track Day

Joshua,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I do not have the daughterboard. I thought it was just for ECUs that did not have the 28-pin socket.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Nope - any Tune I've ever sold has a daughterboard...
Old 10-26-2015, 06:38 PM
smaardyk
Track Day

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Nope - any Tune I've ever sold has a daughterboard...
OK. Can I order a daughterboard?
Old 10-26-2015, 06:50 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by smaardyk
OK. Can I order a daughterboard?
I haven't stocked that in over a year...

I suggest contacting whoever you bought it from, and ask them for the complete kit.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:08 PM
smaardyk
Track Day

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
I haven't stocked that in over a year...

I suggest contacting whoever you bought it from, and ask them for the complete kit.
Do you the complete kits in stock?
Old 10-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by smaardyk
Do you the complete kits in stock?
No, I haven't stocked the A-Tune in a while now.

Lindsey Racing should have the M-Tune stocked though...
Old 10-26-2015, 10:52 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Ran into the same problem.... I'm starting to wonder is someone is selling fake A-tunes, you'll need to find a used A-tune kit and use the daughter board, or upgrade to the M-tune, Lindsey doesn't carry just the daughter board or the A-tune, I'm not really sure what the board does but there is no way to make it work with out it. Alsmot like a encryption key for the chip. I got lucky and got a board, and the A-tune works great, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to a M-tune
Old 10-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Motorcity 944
AutoX

Smaardyk bought the kit from me last week. I purchased the kit from a member Motosport here. I asked him about the daughter board and he told me it didnt come with one and it worked with out it. I remember reading that the earlier kits didnt come with the daughter board. I guess that was bad info. Smaardyk send it back and I'll repay you.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Motorcity 944
AutoX

If you search Motosport for sale ad. It's the first thing I asked him. He said it came from Rogue without the board and worked without it. Sorry Smaardyk.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:58 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

If someone took the upgrade path from the A-Tune to the M-Tune, the daughter board went with the upgraded M-Tune setup. I believe that this is why they are floating around without the daughter board. The original A-Tune owner got a discount when upgrading as I recall.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:33 AM
eman930
Banned

Ooooooo, I figured the M-tune had a different daughter board.. This makes a lot of sence and would explain why these A-tunes are around, It be nice if LR carried the A-tune as well, it's a great upgrade for those who can't drop the $1500 on a MAF yet
Old 10-29-2015, 07:52 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by refresh951
If someone took the upgrade path from the A-Tune to the M-Tune, the daughter board went with the upgraded M-Tune setup. I believe that this is why they are floating around without the daughter board. The original A-Tune owner got a discount when upgrading as I recall.
If an original A-tune owner upgraded to M-tune wouldn't they keep the MAP sensor too, along with the chipboard?

I think Joshua needs to start selling the A-tune again. I believe it's been stable for quite some time and is a money maker for him (only costs the chip, chipboard, and sensor). I usually run A-tune for a while right after smog check time, if I don't have time to convert back to a MAF system right away. A-tune runs better than the stock chips, will support mods, and the car is a lot quieter without the MAF plumbing too.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:15 PM
eman930
Banned

Originally Posted by mtnman82
If an original A-tune owner upgraded to M-tune wouldn't they keep the MAP sensor too, along with the chipboard?

I think Joshua needs to start selling the A-tune again. I believe it's been stable for quite some time and is a money maker for him (only costs the chip, chipboard, and sensor). I usually run A-tune for a while right after smog check time, if I don't have time to convert back to a MAF system right away. A-tune runs better than the stock chips, will support mods, and the car is a lot quieter without the MAF plumbing too.

You'd be surprised.... Those map sensors are like $120 for the good none chines knock offs, plus his time to program.. I'm sure it makes money but I bet not much, but yeah it's s great upgrade, and easy, plus it supports mods without a major reflash of the chip.... Unless you go bigger injectors

Quick Reply: A-Tune installation problem