Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A few quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 07:32 PM
1987Porsche944WithRealLongName
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few quick questions

I've tried asking over in the n/a forums but can't get any answers.
Since I have a turbo I'll ask here, seems like more knowledgeable people lurk the 951 side.
I'm dealing with a 951 that has an intermittent no-turn starter and runs poorly until it dies when you can start it.

1. Are you supposed to see resistance to ground from the ignition switch connector on pin 50 (the one that goes to the small red wire that goes down through the engine bay and connects to the starter solenoid)? I tried connecting a multimeter to the post on the solenoid alone and the bellhousing and saw resistance there too, the wire harness itself is fine.

2. I see around 60ohms at the black wire on the ignition coil when I disconnect it and hold the other end to ground. When I remove the G2 ignition relay this disappears. This isn't right, is it?

3. When I connect a multimeter from the positive battery cable to ground I see over 300ohms. If I turn the key to accessory this goes down to around 15. This all stops if I take the cables off of the fusebox so it isn't the cable itself causing the problem, although pulling each fuse/relay out doesn't change anything. Is this right? I'm only getting 15mA of draw off the battery with the key not turned.

I strongly appreciate any help

Quick Reply: A few quick questions