Zeitronix ZT2 guru's

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Zeitronix ZT2 guru's

Hi
I am about to install my ZT2 and just want to confirm I have got the wiring correct.

I am going to display TPS on bottom left of display, Boost(via user 2 input) on top left. AFR on top right although yet to get bung welded in. EGT wont be used at this point.

So below is how I plan to wire up going off Tom's write up and the wiring diagram that came with my(newer model to Tom's) ZT2

ZT2
pin1 red to DME pin 18 (red/yellow)
pin2 not used
pin3 green to DME pin 21 (green/black, RPM signal)
pin4 orange wired to pin6 yellow to dispaly TPS
pin5 not used
pin6 yellow wired to pin4 orange to display TPS
pin7 black to DME pin 5 (brown, ground)
pin8 white/brown user 2 input wired to Green MAP sensor from boost gauge
pin9 not used
pin10 Grey to pin 22 on KLR(white/green, TPS)
pin11 not used
pin12 not used

TIA
Old 01-13-2015, 11:39 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I used Tom's instructions and found them very helpful:

http://members.rennlist.com/tom86951...nd%20wires.htm
Old 01-13-2015, 11:57 PM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Shawn. That(Tom's write up) and the ZT2 instructions are what got me to the above. I guess my main concern is using just the signal from my boost gauge/map sensor, as that s nearby and easy to tap into, rather than using the Zeitronix MAP sensor. This will allow me to display TPS and although that is not really needed, I think it will look cool and is something not displayed elsewhere. The other option is to use Zeitronix MAP sensor and buy another sensor and say monitor Oil P or something. As the car has that already it seems redundant. Anyway just want to make sure my logic on the wiring is ccorrect
Old 01-14-2015, 04:23 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

I heard back from Zeitronix and have decided to just use their boost sensor instead. My foot can tell me my TPS and it leaves me scope to add something later if I want.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberpunky
I heard back from Zeitronix and have decided to just use their boost sensor instead. My foot can tell me my TPS and it leaves me scope to add something later if I want.
TPS is connected to pin 10 (grey wire) in the Zeitronix harness -- as you listed -- so you will see and log both the zeitronix boost signal and the factory TPS %... Or am I missing your point?

Might consider getting Vitesse's V-Knock now (it's cheap) and logging that on one of the spare inputs. Combining wideband AFR readings with knock monitoring is definitely worthwhile.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Hi Tom
I was going to use display to have TPS on bottom left and use the top right user 2 input for boost but have now decided to use the Zeitronix MAP sensor to have boost on lower left and won't display TPS(just log it). I have already bought the Zeitronix MAP sensor so figure I may as well use it. I also have their USB adaptor and an old Sony P series laptop, good to go for data logging.

I have contacted John at vitesse and placed an order for the V-knock. I think that is a great idea. I assume I would use the pin12 Blue input on the ZT2 ? Are you using V-knock ?
Old 01-14-2015, 10:24 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Hi Tom
I was going to use display to have TPS on bottom left and use the top right user 2 input for boost but have now decided to use the Zeitronix MAP sensor to have boost on lower left and won't display TPS(just log it). I have already bought the Zeitronix MAP sensor so figure I may as well use it. I also have their USB adaptor and an old Sony P series laptop, good to go for data logging.

I have contacted John at vitesse and placed an order for the V-knock. I think that is a great idea. I assume I would use the pin12 Blue input on the ZT2 ? Are you using V-knock ?
Sorry, I'm not following what you mean about lower left -- you mean on the old rectangular display? Not sure there's any point in a real-time TPS display -- it's useful later when looking at the logs to see roughly where your foot was. But in any event, my vote goes for their new round multi-displays. Even more useful than TPS is probably the AFM or MAF signal, as a better indicator of engine load. I do use v-knock and log it to the Zt-2 on one of the user inputs, and log the MAF signal on the other user input. All other inputs are wired with their dedicated signals.

See first post in this thread, for example, to see how they all display at once.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...g-success.html
Old 01-14-2015, 11:10 PM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Yes Tom I was going to display TPS on rectangular display(thats what I have) but now I am not going to. I may as well tap pin 7 on DME to Blue pin12 on ZT2 to get my MAF signal, as I am literally about to wire it up now. I may as well do it now, while I'm in there
cheers
Old 01-14-2015, 11:52 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Yes Tom I was going to display TPS on rectangular display(thats what I have) but now I am not going to. I may as well tap pin 7 on DME to Blue pin12 on ZT2 to get my MAF signal, as I am literally about to wire it up now. I may as well do it now, while I'm in there
cheers
Do yourself a favor and wire the user inputs to connectors, so you can plug in whatever signal may be of interest from time to time...
Old 01-15-2015, 12:15 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Actually thought of doing that for user 2 input, as will use that for V knock and don't want to pull dme & klr again if I don't have too, although installing V-knock will probably require it anyway lol. Will install a connector midway along blue user 1 input too. Thanks for the tip Tom, and all your help

Quick Reply: Zeitronix ZT2 guru's