Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT: My dad passed away today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 09:49 PM
blitz951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andre,

We are all tested in life, some sooner and some later. You will overcome this when you understand the soul and memory last forever. I'm sure he is in a better place and one day you will be together again. I am very,very sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family.

John
Old 08-22-2003, 12:14 AM
avainio
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andre-

So sorry to hear of your loss, my sympathy to you and your family.

Arne.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:26 AM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. This sort of loss is the sort of hurt we all must feel. It still never seems fair but it does make us all feel a little different about our own loved ones when we here of someone else's loss. Hang in there man, it will become easier. Soon you will remember the good times, not the loss.

God bless, and my thoughts are with you.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:44 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

This post almost brought tears to my eyes. I am man enough to say I cry in situations like these. I fear the day I have to deal with a similar situation. My dad had a close call a few weeks ago and I can feel your pain.
Good thing you talked about it. My condolences to you and your family. Please feel free to write further if that helps.
Regards.
Raj
Old 08-22-2003, 04:44 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My condoleances, now live life to the fullest to honor your father!
Old 08-22-2003, 06:01 AM
86944turbo
Racer

Andre,

You have a lot of compassion and courage. I realize that knowbody, except you, understand what you're going through. Thank God you were close and there for him. I don't think I'm courageous enough to share something that personal on the internet. You, are a very courageous and good man. I just read the "Dad, can we take the Porsche", and I'm starting to weep. When we buried my Mother, the Priest said "I don't if we should pray for Kathleen, or to her". Now my parents get to meet your dad. I'll pray for you and yours.
Old 08-22-2003, 03:07 PM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

Andre, i am new to the forum and have not had a chance to meet or speak with you, but I want you to know that I am very sadened to hear your loss. I am slowly loosing my Grandfather to a disease we can not diagnose right now. Its quit horrible. He was practically my father, I lived with my grandparents until I was old enough for School.
I wish the best for you and your family now and just try and stay possitive and smile when you can. I am sure your father was a great person and he will live on in you and everyone he touched in his long life.
Old 08-22-2003, 03:37 PM
slinky
Burning Brakes

Andre,

I know this is no consolation, but at least your dad was not suffering for months or years with the cancer. It is a truly horrible disease. I hope he was free from pain during those last hours when he was unconscious.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:50 AM
CanyonBlaster
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

I am new to this forum and 951 ownership but......

I am very sorry to hear pf your loss. I lost my dad at a young age of 57 to cancer. God bless you and your family.

My old man was a good family man and still took time to help me indulge my car passions. I know he would have loved the 951.

Go out and have a nice fun drive in honor of your pop!!
Old 08-25-2003, 04:16 AM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

Andre-

I realize that there is nothing I can say to you to ease the pain this has brought you, but as I read this, I couldn't stop the tears from coming down. I'm only 19 and my father is nearly 70. Sometimes I think that the times I have with him could end at any moment. I truly feel for you, my friend. Having not experienced a loss like yours, I know I can't possibly understand, but I hope that the kind words of all the rennlisters will warm your heart, and bring you some solace in this time of pain. Just know that your father is at peace, and as he looks down on you now, I know he is proud the man he sees.

Regards,
Joe
Old 08-25-2003, 08:23 AM
951Porschiste
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to thank all those who have visited this post since wednesday. I would also like to thank those who expressed their condolences and words of hope and support.

I really, really appreciate.

My dad's funeral was on saturday.

Thank you again!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:16 AM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 738 Likes on 383 Posts

I know the pain...my Dad just passed away last month, July 15th, at the age of 70 also. He died of a heart attack. No one knew it was coming. He was healthy as a horse...

So press on, do the good things he taught you, throw out the bad. Remember him always...

BTW, my Dad was responsible for getting me started in the Porsche world about 5 years ago...he gave me a NA 87 944.

Quick Reply: OT: My dad passed away today...